Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow Wingers, new member here. I've been riding Hondas for 40 years now and just bought my 3rd Goldwing. Picked up a new 2021 Tour DCT in July and have about
a 1000 miles on it so far, all in the Texas Hill Country. I struggled with the DCT or manual debate but inventory is slim as we all know. I had to choose between a black 6 speed
or a red DCT Tour. Red's my favorite color so here we are lol! Prior wings were a red '94 Interstate and a champagne '97 Aspencade. These gen 6 Wings are absolutely amazing
to ride and the technology is awesome. I hope to learn lots here and share ride stories and pics...I know we all love pictures!
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
One more pic of the beautiful hill country roads that I ride every weekend. For any Texans on here this is just outside of Bandera Tx on Hwy 16. View attachment 278027
TX 16 is one of the most beautiful roads in the state
I really like the stretch from Comanche to just north of San Antonio
I have ridden and drove, mostly the stretch, Goldthwaite to Llano

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Welcome to the forum and wishing you miles of smiles.😁

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Welcome from the northern tier of PA. You got the fastest color. Enjoy the forum and ride safe.

·
Registered
7,532 Posts
Welcome to the forum and thanks for the photos. You will fit in here just fine.

·
Super Moderator
9,965 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF from the Keystone state. Enjoy the forum and that great looking new Wing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tx 16 is indeed a beautiful, lots of others in the area as well. Herty girty to answer your question it only took about 5 minutes to get used to the DCT, it really is that good. Now I don't think I would ever go back to a manual transmission on a bike. It just adds to the relaxing vibe of riding a wing in the first place! Thanks to all for the kind welcome and I hope to contribute lots to the forum.I'm a diehard car and bike guy so love to talk about them.Here's my other toy lol :cool:
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky

·
Administrator
15,249 Posts
Welcome to you from Mississippi. I also picked up a 2021 in the fastest color in June, but mine still shifts. That was what was on the dealer's floor when I visited to see about new tires for my 2010. Rode home with new tires. Been to 8 states so far this year. It would be more, but this stupid work thing keeps getting in the way. RayJ and I will be riding through your area in early November. He lived out there for many years and wants to show me Bandera and the area before we ride over to the Rio Grande and then down to the Gulf.
Wheel Tire Water Plant Vehicle

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow that's a great pic crownfire!! There is just something about Honda's red paint on Goldwings that is gorgeous. Maybe we can pm sometime and I can pass on some info on great rides around San Antonio where I am and the hill country area as well. Glad you're making the trip, you won't regret it!

·
Super Moderator
12,236 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.

Love the '70 Mach. ;)

·
Administrator
15,249 Posts
Wow that's a great pic crownfire!! There is just something about Honda's red paint on Goldwings that is gorgeous. Maybe we can pm sometime and I can pass on some info on great rides around San Antonio where I am and the hill country area as well. Glad you're making the trip, you won't regret it!
I've ridden the Sister's before. Hwy 16 is on the bucket list. Ideas are always welcome. From Banderas, RayJ and I will be riding over to the Rio Grande and then down to the coast.

Reactions: Barry Dupler

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
I've ridden the Sister's before. Hwy 16 is on the bucket list. Ideas are always welcome. From Banderas, RayJ and I will be riding over to the Rio Grande and then down to the coast.
one of the destination rides from here is Cooper's BBQ in Llano, Tx on TX HWY 16
the one thing about TX 16............ Keep eyes wide open scanning the ditches......lots of deer and hogs, of course that is any road in the TX Hill Country

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
Welcome to you from Mississippi. I also picked up a 2021 in the fastest color in June, but mine still shifts. That was what was on the dealer's floor when I visited to see about new tires for my 2010. Rode home with new tires. Been to 8 states so far this year. It would be more, but this stupid work thing keeps getting in the way. RayJ and I will be riding through your area in early November. He lived out there for many years and wants to show me Bandera and the area before we ride over to the Rio Grande and then down to the Gulf.
View attachment 278030
Wow Mark, I don't see a jar of "peach" or a big ole cigar. Cuttin back are ya? LOL ......Isaac

·
Administrator
15,249 Posts
Wow Mark, I don't see a jar of "peach" or a big ole cigar. Cuttin back are ya? LOL ......Isaac
Adult beverages and cigar was after the ride. Cutting back? What's that?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Welcome from Cypress Texas and love the bike and the Mustang. My dad had a 70 Mach 1 and got rid of it and never told me he was selling it : (

1 - 20 of 22 Posts