Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Just checking into this forum to say hi and catch up on all the Goldwing scuttlebutt. Recently sold my '07 Wing and moved to SD, but am now actively looking for a replacement. Oh, guess it might not be soon though since we had about 12 inches of snow over the weekend. Airport had a total of 12.5 inches of the white stuff. Guess riding season is winding down here in the Black Hills area. :rolleyes: Ride safe and often.

Winston

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
Great time to buy a Wing. We have some for sale here. A South Carolina seller with an 2010 comes to mind right now.

·
Super Moderator
15,241 Posts
hello silverhawk from south dakota, welcome to GWOF. is there a bad time to buy a wing :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hello silverhawk from south dakota, welcome to GWOF. is there a bad time to buy a wing :)
Nope. :) Sure would be tough to ride it back right now though. :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great time to buy a Wing. We have some for sale here. A South Carolina seller with an 2010 comes to mind right now.
Ahhhhh, South Carolina. Just a tad too far to go right now. :) Especially with the weather situation. :cool: But, thanks for the heads-up. I'll check out the classifieds.

·
Super Moderator
15,241 Posts
Nope. :) Sure would be tough to ride it back right now though. :D
thats true. i got my 1200 wing back in '07, three weeks before the temps took a noise dive and it was too cold but even before that both tires were too bald to be out riding. i kept it at my nieces that winter and visited often just to keep a smile on my face

·
Super Moderator
9,856 Posts
Welcome from Pennsylvania. Enjoy the forum and ride safe...

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF...I want to ride in your area...Many great things to see.

·
Super Moderator
11,804 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks to all for the warm welcome. I agree that this is a great place to ride, and I'm hoping to get a lot of riding in once the weather allows. Again, thanks.

Winston

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Welcome from a couple days ride NW of you. Great country around your place, need to get back there again. Keep searching for that Wing and then there's always a way to get her home.;)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome from a couple days ride NW of you. Great country around your place, need to get back there again. Keep searching for that Wing and then there's always a way to get her home.;)
Thank you very much. Great country up your way as well. I've actually travelled in all of the Canadian Provinces except for the Maritimes (by cage). I hope to be able to visit them all when I get myself a new ride. ;) Who knows? Maybe I'll be headed north of the border next year for a visit to your fine Country once again. :) Whoooo Hoooo!! :D

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Silverhawk - Don't let the snow get you down. When I bought my GW in Northern New Brunswick, up there in the snow belt, they put a track on where the back wheel goes and a ski on the front. I bet it would be a blast but the bikes were a little smaller than ours. Good luck finding a new ride.

·
Super Moderator
7,670 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Your name sounds familiar, are you from the Lone Star Trike Forum?
You'll find a nice Wing, give yourself some time to look around.
Glad you're with us.

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
welcome to GWOF from Maryland

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Silverhawk - Don't let the snow get you down. When I bought my GW in Northern New Brunswick, up there in the snow belt, they put a track on where the back wheel goes and a ski on the front. I bet it would be a blast but the bikes were a little smaller than ours. Good luck finding a new ride.
Yeah, I know...The snow just slows me down at bit. :) After spending four years in Alaska and two tours in SD way back in the stone age, I've been through quite a lot of the white stuff. Now the contraption you describe sounds like tons of fun and I believe it would be an awesome ride. :D Maybe I'll be able to check one of those puppies out some day eh? ;) I might just have found a new ride...just checking with the finance officer before I pull the trigger. :):) And, the roads here are already dry. Whoooooooo Hoooooooo

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Welcome to the forum.
Your name sounds familiar, are you from the Lone Star Trike Forum?
You'll find a nice Wing, give yourself some time to look around.
Glad you're with us.
Yep...thats me. One and the same. I sold my trike though, just prior to our move to SD from WV. Good to hear from you again. Ride safely and often. :):)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
welcome to GWOF from Maryland
Thanks Gordo. Did a lot of business with Trigg Honda in Hagerstown, MD while in Martinsburg. It was only 20 minutes from my home there in WV via I-81/I-70. I did live a a very nice area, but had to move out here in order to get closer to my grand children and great-grand child. :):) The rides are awesome out here as well. I will miss riding some of the roads in PA, VA, WV and MD. I just couldn't get em all while I was there though. :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts