Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm a new Wing owner, but a old biker. I started riding in 1972, moto cross. Bad wreck slowed my riding down for some 30 years. A friend gave me an Yami 650 Special. Well, I'm 6'5", the 650 wasn't big enough. Another friend gave me a Zuki GS 850. It fits me well and I like it, but still not big enough to be comfortable for really long trips. Now I have my long distance ride, just got to get her running right.
This looks like great forum for a new winger with an older bike, thanks for being here.
Bill

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
Welcome aboard Officerbill. Being a History nut I have sure enjoyed your area on several occasions. You will find lots of good info here and really nice people.

·
Super Moderator
28,439 Posts
Greetings from up the road a piece.

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
hello officerbill, welcome to GWOF. so what is this comfortable long distance bike you are riding

·
Super Moderator
9,846 Posts
Welcome to the forum from another Pennsylvania rider. Love your part of the country. Spent time last spring down in your area touring the battlefields on our way to Harpers Ferry and the BRPW.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Welcome Officer Bill. Although I've never been to your area, it holds more than the obvious historical importance to me. My Great Grandfather was there with his Spencer Iowa infantry outfit. He is buried in the Riverside Cemetery in Spencer along side his comrades in arms. Welcome to the site, and enjoy that Wing!

·
Super Moderator
14,412 Posts
Welcome Officer Bill from middle Mississippi. We will have a group coming up to Gettysburg the end of May.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Greetings from Orygun Bill!

Got a son that Graduated from the Mount in Emmitsburg, know your area well

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
Welcome from an Old Allentown Kid, now living the Northwest Corner.

From the Northwest Corner
Ron

·
Super Moderator
14,412 Posts
Did someone say " Perkins " in Gettysburg. again !
I sure did. Plans are still loose right now. We think that we will be in Hershey on May 30 then in Gettysburg the 31st to June 2. I will let you know when we figure it out.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the warm welcome. My bad, when I getting working right again I'll be riding an 87 GL 1200. Can't wait to get her out on the highway!
I'll be looking for Wingers in town, see ya soon,
Bill

1 - 17 of 17 Posts