Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,
My first wing was a 1982 Dolled up 1200 and I had a couple things in mind when I bought it. One was because of Harley reputation I wanted to ride and not repair. and two was I had enough cash that the bike I bought would allow me to have title in hand. This was in October 1995. The whole time I am signing paperwork I am eye balling this beautiful 1993 SE loaded that someone traded in for a new wing. Well to make a long story shorter. In March 1996 not even realizing on my birthday my wife and I were looking at some accessories for my 1982 wing I ended trading in my 1982 for the 1993 SE. Just six months later and really never got to ride it. Never looked back on that move. We are planning our next long ride around lake superior this July.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Welcome from Florida,wingsrgold. Looks like you made a great decision,she's a beauty.This is a great forum,hope you enjoy it as much as i do. Have a great trip.Ride often and Safe. Ken '94SE Pearl White

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome Ken. I tried last year we got as far as Mackinaw and it was one storm after another from the west so we just took the scenic route home. It was still a nice ride just a bit short.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Welcome from Southen Calif--- and you really picked a nice way to celibrate a birthday --Great Riding in Your Future!

·
Registered
835 Posts
Welcome from Canada wingsrgold. I've toured the Lake Superior area several times and am heading back there this summer. Check out Lake Superior Provincial Park...it's a favourite of mine.
Ride safe,
Strat

·
Super Moderator
9,852 Posts
Welcome to the forum from the Keystone state. Enjoy your upcoming trip. I traveled a few year ago through Illinois up to Wisconsin and over and down Michigan and then home. Nice trip. Ride safe..

·
Premium Member
23,772 Posts
wingsrgold. I sat on one of our members 95 Limited and was very impressed by the comfort level the 1500 afforded me. I ride an 1800 but I think I hang out on this forum because I'm a closet 1500 wannabee. I live in Virginia, but it's not by choice either.

·
Super Moderator
28,447 Posts
Welcome to the site wingsrgold (yes they are). Good people & discussion here. I'm sure you will enjoy. Ride on & be safe.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks to everyone for the enormous welcome. Stupid me my first wing was an 82 but 1100 not 1200.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello and welcome to GWOF wingsrgold

1 - 11 of 11 Posts