Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.
Just bought 2005 GL1800 from Hornback, LA and rode it all the way back to Orange County, CA. Still trying to adjust to Goldwing from cruiser. This forum is great help for new guy like me. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
9,847 Posts
Welcome to the forum from the other side of the 48, Pennsylvania. Congrats on your new Wing. Glad you found us. Enjoy the forum and ride safe...

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Welcome to the site from the Tar Heel state, great people here :)

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Welcome from another So Cal member. You will find the wing is a great bike and a big step up from your cruiser.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Welcome to GWOF. Lemme guess you had a Yamaha Roadstar:D Hope you had a great ride back to California. Enjoy the Wing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to GWOF. Lemme guess you had a Yamaha Roadstar:D Hope you had a great ride back to California. Enjoy the Wing.
Thank you for welcoming me.
and I still have my Roadstar :) The setup is so nice I do not want to let it go just yet. I just have to clean up my garage for a little bit more space.
Thank you again guys..

·
Premium Member
23,769 Posts
Did the same thing last November. I came off a VTX and the psychological adjustment took a few thousand miles to overcome. I like the feel of all that bike around and under me now .

·
Registered
7 Posts
Congrats on your new wing GWR. Chopin I also have a VTX 1800R and rented a wing when I was in California. Your right. It will take a while to get used to a wing after you have a VTX. The wing I rented was bare and had hardly anything on it like I have on my X. I'll have to rent a fully rented wing to appreciate it more.

·
Super Moderator
15,237 Posts
hello goldwingroadstar and welcome to GWOF

·
Registered
835 Posts
In my 50 years of riding, I have yet to find a Wing's rival for touring. They eat up the miles in comfort and style. My wife agrees. Not good for off roading....tried it....that dog don't hunt.
Strat

·
Super Moderator
7,664 Posts
Hello goldwingroadstar,
Welcome to the forum and greetings from Florida. You'll get used to your Goldwing in no time and you'll wonder why you never bought one sooner.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Welcome aboard!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts