Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to this site lots of useful tips and ideas just got a 1985 ltd with 50000 mile Payed 2500 plus a message chair lmao what a deal new tire and brakes and away I went can't wait for the warm weather got a bunch of Crome at a local scrap yard last week another great score Spend the week after cleaning and installing looks like a different bike what a difference to a scrap yard can make counted 23 lights on the back so far ordered enough LEDs from hong kong for $2 plus $12 shipping in order to give the charging system a a rest

·
Super Moderator
15,158 Posts
hello shadowslayor,welcome to GWOF.unfortunantly you didn't give the charging system a rest as the ststor put out 100% of its power from about 2000rpm and any unused power is converted to heat by the regulator so switching to led lights just means you can add a few more lights or some other electrical load

·
Premium Member
24,648 Posts
Welcome Shadowslayer. Hard wire that stator if it isn't already done and save yourself some charging woes.

·
Super Moderator
12,266 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum. Post a picture of your bike, when you can.

·
Administrator
28,995 Posts
Greetings to you from the GWOF.

·
Super Moderator
9,993 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania. Post some pics of that new ride. Ride safe and enjoy the forum..

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
welcome to GWOF from USA

·
Premium Member
7,508 Posts
My first Wing was an 85 LTD. From the moment I bought it I rode it without having to do any repairs except for replacing a rear tire. After I sold it I realized just how fine a machine it was. The guy who bought mine got a really great bike. Fortunately my greater blessing was a 95 Aspencade that I now ride and it too is a very sweet Wing. As others have said the stator is the one thing you ought to put #1 on your list for upgrades. The connectors can get moisture in them and heat up and ruin the stator. The fix is to hardware these wire connections and shrink wrap to waterproof the connections. If your stator fails the engine has to be pulled to replace. Enjoy your ride and don't over tax that stator.

·
Premium Member
8,001 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF, Shadowslayor! Good folks and good info/knowledge here, mixed with a fair dose of BS from time to time!

I've got a nu2me '85 1200 that sat in a garage long enough that the carbs were completely shellac'd. Once they were disassembled thoroughly cleaned and a few other things and it runs really well. You and I will be able to enjoy our bikes for many years and miles! Be safe and have fun!

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
Welcome to the forun. Have fun on your new 2 u Wing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts