Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hello from Ohio

1K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  cre2919 
#1 ·
Hi guys.
Sad to say I have not rode for a long long while. But I've retired and thinking of getting a GW trike.
0;
I see that prices are above 20k for nice near new ones. Then I saw a 1989 GW trike for sale. The price got my attention as it looked great and was listed at 4k. Then I saw the mileage. 144k. Hmmmmm

I know the GW's are known for many trouble free miles but as a newie to the GW and the trike world should I even consider something like the 1989 trike? (note: the last honda bike I owned was a 350 back in the 70's.)

#2 ·
Hello and welcome to the forum.
I wouldn't be too worried about the mileage on the bike itself, but possibly on the trike conversion.

Reactions: ZeroG
#3 ·
Good point. Thanks.
I was set to look at it tomorrow, it sold today. Snooze you loose. Dang it.

#4 ·
Hi guys.
Sad to say I have not rode for a long long while. But I've retired and thinking of getting a GW trike.
0;
I see that prices are above 20k for nice near new ones. Then I saw a 1989 GW trike for sale. The price got my attention as it looked great and was listed at 4k. Then I saw the mileage. 144k. Hmmmmm

I know the GW's are known for many trouble free miles but as a newie to the GW and the trike world should I even consider something like the 1989 trike? (note: the last honda bike I owned was a 350 back in the 70's.)
Welcome from West Virginia

The trikes are so much more expensive the the 2 wheels and I have friends and as a matter of fact I just sold my 1984 Honda Goldwing 1200 because I bought a 1994 GW 1500. If you take care of the bike the will bring you many miles of joy. The questions I would ask if have you kept records of maintenance and check it over how ever you find a different one I would check the market before I made the decision but most GW owners do take care of them God Bless

#5 ·
I'm not knowledgeable on trikes, but I'll say welcome to you from Mississippi. Good luck on your search.

#6 ·
Welcome to the forum. A CB 350 was my first bike, also back in the 70's. Be patient, there are a lot of bikes and trikes out there. There are different conversion providers and people do have their preferences, so you might want to research what is out there to find out what you want.

#7 ·
As said above the bike itself with proper maintenance will go for almost ever, the trike conversion is where you have to take extreme care. Even the best conversion can be made an nightmare by improper installation and also try to get a conversion by a manufacturer that is still in business in case you need parts.

#8 ·
Welcome to the GWOF from the Keystone state. Whatever you buy, if used, the key is how it has been maintained. Don't let higher mileage scare you off if the bike has been well maintained and cared for and records are available.

This post has been deleted
#12 ·
Thanks all. Appreciate all the welcome messages. :D

Thanks cre. I can see WV out my back door. My property borders the Ohio River. :D

Reactions: crownfire
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.