Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my first GoldWing a 1986 GL1200 Aspencade and found this forum. I'll be asking questions so get ready to duck. :)

Harold

·
Super Moderator
28,439 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF, Ocala huh?? Home of the Garlits Racing Legend. Nice little town as well. Ask away, be sure to select an Avatar, post pics of your ride, fill out your profile & have fun on the site.

Ride Safe.

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
Welcome to GWOF from Maryland , you came to the right place for ?

·
Super Moderator
9,846 Posts
Welcome from the Keystone state. Ride safe and enjoy the forum..

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Comradery! If that is the way you spell it. :)

I am having a ball with this old bike. I've got the gear change clunking down to a minimum. I experimented with the difference between rpm's and speed that I changed into the next gear and find that I have very little clutch clunking now. I want to work on it but the heat here in Ocala, FL. is 96 degrees every single day and just too hot to spend any time at all outdoors. I live in a rv park and of course that means no garage like I had back in Maine. I miss that darn garage so much. I need to check the timing belts and that means taking off the radiator. Maybe this fall and in the mean time I'll be more cautious than I might be otherwise.
I found a bag full of wrench's in the right saddle bag which was a delight to see since I hate trying to keep the right wrench for the right bike easily at hand. I was especially happy to see the spark plug wrench.
Right now im looking for arm rest to fit it so I can take my wife with me for rides. She has an eye problem which causes her to tilt to port or starboard from time to time.

Right now im enjoying the forums post and will check in daily.

Thanks for being here,

Harold

·
Super Moderator
11,788 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.

I would be able to help with the arm rests. I removed a set from my 1200, as I don't need them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Appriciate this very much. Can you PM me?

Just noticed that you live in Spokane. My son lives there also.

Harold

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
hello jaymom,welcome to GWOF

·
Registered
44 Posts
Welcome jaymom from another 86 aspy rider also.
I have the armrest on mine and the wife says she loves them says it is just like sitting in her recliner where she often falls asleep.
Jerry

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you Jerry. Yep, armrest for the wife is a must in my case.

Harold

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Quack! Sorry lame attempt at humour. Welcome to GWOF:D

·
Premium Member
11,002 Posts
An old wing but a goody. Welcome to the forum from Down Under. Eric

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Eric....You might be interested in a hobby of mine. A number of Aussies belong to it and we fly almost every night. It's WW2 fighter planes, we use Sturmovik IL-2 (the game name) and TeamSpeak 3 (what we use to talk to each other). It is extremely realistic, no cartoonish stuff and a wonderful bunch of guys from all over the world to fly with. Actually anyone interested in WW2 aircraft might want to join us. I just saved a few pictures of a flight I created a few minutes ago....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
Welcome to the forum....from Alabam

·
Registered
119 Posts
Welcome to GWOF from across the country! This is a great place to hang out & there is a lot of experience here.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks guys, much appreciated. Waiting for the heat to die down somewhat so i can take a look at why my odometer isnt working. Been in the high 90 every single day for over a month now. Went down to Autozone and bought some 2 cycle oil with TC-W3 and added 2 ounces to both the oil and the fuel tank. Topped off the fuel tank first. Now to wait for some decent riding weather. Only got about 30 miles in today.

Harold

·
Registered
4 Posts
Jaymom, Wow! I am new to this Goldwing forum and so I have been lurking a bit and to see airplane pics like yours is fantastic! I am thinking of taking the bike to Reno next month to take in the air races. I always like seeing pictures of WW2 fighters. The last big group of fighters I saw was at Oshkosh.
Keep the dirty side down when close to the ground.
Dan

1 - 20 of 22 Posts