Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just joined this forum because I bought a 2008 GL1800AL. I've had many motorcycles over the past 40+ years, the most recent being a 1984 Honda V65 Sabre and a 1975 Honda CB550K, both of which I restored. The V65 has been my daily rider for five years but my wife and I decided we'd like to take some longer trips and hence our choice of the Goldwing.

Our GL1800 has about 77,000 km (48,000 miles) and quite a few options/accessories. Cold weather package, ABS, NAV, luggage rack, highway pegs (boards?), heel/toe shifter, CB, dragon wings, many chrome bits and a Utopia driver's backrest (not installed). I've driven it about 3,000 km so far and I've been nothing but impressed with its comfort, torque and ease of handling. I can't imagine ever wanting another bike (except maybe a new GL someday!).

Reactions: NREMTP

·
Super Moderator
28,442 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF from AZ, USA . You sure do live in pretty country up there. That is quite a stable, and excited for you guys that you have found the WING to your liking. Enjoy both the new ride, and the site.

Reactions: NREMTP and chuck65

·
Registered
140 Posts
Welcome from Maine.

Reactions: chuck65

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Welcome from Alberta!

·
Super Moderator
11,763 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Welcome and congratulations on getting the fastest color, wishing you miles of smiles.😁

Reactions: NREMTP and chuck65

·
Registered
221 Posts
Welcome from Edmonton! Been to Nova Scotia and Cape Breton many times and love it there!

·
Registered
6,753 Posts
Welcome to the forum and to Goldwings. +2 on the fastest color. :D

·
Registered
349 Posts
Welcome, from an ex-Mainer. Nice Sabre, same engine as the Magna, IIRC.

·
Super Moderator
9,857 Posts
Congratulations on your new 2 u Wing and welcome to the GWOF from the Keystone state..

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Welcome from the northern tier of PA. +3 on the fastest color. Enjoy the forum and ride safe.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Welcome, from an ex-Mainer. Nice Sabre, same engine as the Magna, IIRC.
That's right, the 1984/85 Magnas and Sabres have the same engine. And fine engines they are. The V65 has almost as much HP as the GL1800, but much less torque.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts