Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iam looking for my first goldwing, I am looking for a gl1200 to be my first goldwing, then maybe in a yr or 2 upgrade to a 1500

thanks
Mike

·
Super Moderator
9,867 Posts
Welcome to the forum from the Keystone state. Good luck on your search for the perfect Wing. Lots of great bikes out there with a lot of miles left in them.

For what its worth, if I was looking for a used Wing I would go for the 1500. I think there would be a larger selection of used bikes to choose from and the availability of OEM and addon parts and improvements made on the 1500 over the 1100 and 1200 models would sway me. But the choice is yours because you should buy what you like and can afford.

Whatever Wing you get I'm sure you will be satisified. Enjoy and ride safe..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Where at in Northern Bama? I am originally from Decatur, then I moved to Moulton. Now I am in Ohio. I just got my first Goldwing. It is the GL1200, I like it, but definitely would rather have the 1500.

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
Welcome aboard Mike, good luck with your search for a wing.:)

·
Super Moderator
28,446 Posts
Hey Mike, A big hello to you from Pa. Good Luck on your search.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am from Athens Al, lived here all my 44 yrs,

I am looking for a gl1200 because I lke the look ove the 1500 and I am assuming its somewhat smaller, I dont want to sink a whole lot into the bike right now, not knowing if I am going to like it or not, or if we have the time we think we have.

That being said If I could run accross a good deal on a 88 0r 89 1500 I would probably buy it.

·
Super Moderator
15,215 Posts
hello and welcome to GWOF mike

·
Administrator
26,226 Posts
Welcome Mike. +1 on what TW says, it's all about your preference and availability. Do your homework and you'll have a fine bike.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts