Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just moved up to the 2010 red gl1800 from my red VTX 1800 and could not be happier. Now, if it would just stop snowing....

·
Super Moderator
28,454 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF Lou. Join the crowd, there are lots of us waiting for the thaw.

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Hi IronLou, even I don't have a new bike I'm with you waiting for the bike thaw. I won't bring out my baby until a couple of good rains after the thaw because of the salt on the roads. Enjoy your new ride.

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
I came off a VTX1300 so you can imagine how much more happier I was. Is the great Niagara Falls still flowing or frozen in space ?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The vtx was a great bike and I hated to get rid of it. Had that and a 750 shadow that my wife used to ride before her knee surgery made her very uncomfortable riding on her own. She suggested I trade them both in for my top of the line dream bike....no arm twisting there. I was at the dealer that afternoon. Never rode the Wing before and was simply amazed at the handling and comfort. You twist the throttle and put your feet up and the thing loses 300 lbs and gets 2ft shorter...at least it feels that way to me.

As far as I know the Falls has only been stopped twice...once man made to do some work at the edge and once by Mother Nature. Pictures of falls frozen solid in late 1800's or early 1900's were pretty neat.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Welcome. You will be surprised how fast you rack up the miles now that you are on a Wing. And, you have the wife on the back, so here you go! Bought my '10 GL1800 in July, and I am scheduling my 10,000 mile service this week.:D

·
Registered
58 Posts
This site is just awesome, welcome to the Wonderful World of Wings. Hope you have many safe miles on your new bike... Welcome from the Sunshine State !

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks to all on the site. Great place ya got here.

I looked at the Wing for years and always thought they were the coolest bikes made. Now that I have one I know they are the coolest bikes made. MHO. I love that there is no bike bashing on this site and the opinions and tech help are invaluable.

·
Premium Member
17,146 Posts
Welcome to the forum, some real fine folks hang out here.
The biggest problem with owning a wing is that you can't stop :Ding
From the Northwest Corner
Ron

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello ironlou, welcome to GWOF

·
Registered
455 Posts
Welcome to the forum. The VTX 1300 is a very nice bike. Great torque curve!!!

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
GDay, and welcome from Down Under. Before you know it you will be in for the first service. Eric

·
Registered
69 Posts
Welcome aboard from Florida. After getting the Wing last week we have started a "trip bucket list" and Niagara is on there....

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
I love that there is no bike bashing on this site and the opinions and tech help are invaluable.
There is another popular site catered to GW GL1800 my buddy uses. From what I see there is lot's of attitude and bashing overall. This is the site I stick with because lot's of nice people.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Welcome from out West Iron Lou. You're right, we don't bash here, we just share pointed remarks LOL:D

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Welcome to the forum from the Keystone state and congrats on your new Wing. If it makes you feel any better, your not the only one waiting impatiently for spring...

·
Registered
455 Posts
I love that there is no bike bashing on this site and the opinions and tech help are invaluable.
What's to bash, I love them all. If it has two wheels, I'll ride it, given the opportunity. By the way, that also goes for bicycles :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts