Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello New Mexico here ...transplant. I am a Jersey boy born and raised. I have been riding a Triumph Rocket III for seven years and in about 30 minutes I am going to pick up my 2012 Honda Goldwing. I have been demo riding bikes for the past three weeks and I decided on this bike to do all my future IBA rides on. I have four certified IB rides under my belt....one more coming up in April for the Texas patch. I will be doing the four corners tour and the IB 10000 in 10 days in June.
I am hoping to be able to resource some of you on the goldwing. I also am moderator on the Triumph Rat site....

·
Administrator
25,936 Posts
Welcome to GWOF IBALEE. Good peeps here!

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
Welcome Ibalee...You certainly enjoy an "Iron Butt". I would like to do one....Right now I'm happy with a "Mid-Iron Butt"...Just can't find anyone who will recognize my "MIBA":D

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
Welcome to the fray. I lived in Tucumcari for 2 years and there is some good riding north of there. Plan on spending a night or two in or around Tres Ritos this spring on my way to Colorado. For sure you picked the right bike for your Iron Butt rides. Enjoy the forum and get a SPOT so we can follow your Iron Butt Adventures in real time....:D

·
Super Moderator
11,944 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.

·
Super Moderator
15,140 Posts
hello ibalee, welcome to GWOF and congrats on the purchase of your new wing

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,505 Posts
Greetings from the Keystone.

·
Registered
6,730 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa. Enjoy your new Wing.

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Gentleman Thank you......I have to learn about all the bellls and whistles now...is there a college course offered somewhere....:D

·
Premium Member
5,399 Posts
Welcome to GWOF from Maryland

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Welcome from Pa. That wing is going to make those looooong trips a lot more enjoyable (if that's possible).. Ride safe and enjoy the forum. Look forward to your insights into long distance riding..

·
Premium Member
17,046 Posts
Let me know when you'll be in Blaine, Washington on the 4 corners tours, I'll meet you at the Post office and buy you a cup of coffee, before you head out again.

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Let me know when you'll be in Blaine, Washington on the 4 corners tours, I'll meet you at the Post office and buy you a cup of coffee, before you head out again.
Ron I will take you up on that,,,,,I am leaving last few days in May...heading towards key west to maine and then to your state....looking forward to the ride...

·
Premium Member
11,013 Posts
Welcome to GWOF from Down Under. Iron Butt is a swear word in my world. I am just not interested in doing big miles but I am quite happy for you to do it. Eric

·
Premium Member
17,046 Posts
Ron I will take you up on that,,,,,I am leaving last few days in May...heading towards key west to maine and then to your state....looking forward to the ride...
If you get chance , take the northern route over the Cascade mountains in Washington HWY.-20,Winthrop to Sedro Wooley way prettier than I-90 or Hwy-2 although Hwy -2 is nicer than I-90.
Plus you can avoid that whole Seattle area thing, at least on the in bound leg.

I'll be send you a P.M. with contact info

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
IbaLee - What part of Alabama does your route take you through?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts