Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes there is a Nashville North Carolina. I just sold my Road King and I'm looking for a good used Goldwing. I'm looking on Craig's list but there are not many to be found. Is there any advise of what I should look for and if there are any specific questions I should ask.

My wife and I are looking forward to riding. We have friends with Goldwing's and they tell us how much better the ride will be over the Road King.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Hi nvlong4n1, welcome from St Pauls. They are correct, I'm a recent convert to the wing. Still have my Heritage, but the ride is nothing like the wing. I'm sure you'll love it once you get one. :)

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Roadkings are a fantastic bike, but different in purpose and ride next to a Wing. Wings are plush like an Ultra, but with a bit of Ferrari thrown in. You could say they are the Bentley Flying Spur of touring bikes:D Enjoy one when ya find it.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Hey from Winston Salem.

Just went thru the same process and wasn't smart enough to find this place before I bought one. So I did it the hard way.

I used: http://www.searchtempest.com/

You can look at all the craigslist within a radius you pick to look at whatever. beats zooming in and out of different cities. It also gives you surrounding areas if there aren't many to choose from.

I found mine in Erwin, TN. Gotta tell ya I wouldn't have looked there.
Seemed impossible for me to find a good wing in a medium to large town. Had to look down squirrel tracks to find deals and they aren't concentrated in one area.

good luck, hope this helps.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
using craiglook all you need to do is type in what you are looking for and if you leave the "where " blank it will search the whole u.s.a

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the advice. I did spend a good amount of time each night this week looking over craigs list with the other sights that were recommended. I was looking last night about 10:00 pm and found one at a dealer in Gastonia. I got up early and drove about 4 hours and got there about 15 minutes before they opened up and it was still there. We put it in the back of my Dodge Ram 1500 and it is now at home with me in Nashville, NC. I went for a right tonight and man this bike is sweet!!!!!!! I'll be looking for people to ride with so if you are in the Nashville, NC area let me know. I'm on the way to the outer banks from the western part of NC.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts