1,405 Posts
Congrats on the first ever wing.
keep us informed and remember:

posts are worthless with pictures!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
7,661 Posts
fluffy,
Greetings from Florida and welcome to the forum.
Nothing like an antique Goldwing.
What part of Minnesota are you in, I lived six months in Mankato.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had to take the windjammer off to get it in my trailer for the ride home.Took off some side cover and such before I remembered to take pics

·
Super Moderator
7,661 Posts
fluffy
Looks great, doesn't looks like its in too bad of shape.
Nothing like a good project when winter sets in.
Have fun. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
fluffy, welcome to the site from the Tar Heel state :)

·
Premium Member
23,767 Posts
A classic! The onus is upon you to bring this Wing back to its pristine beauty and from the looks of it the task doesn't appear too difficult. fluffy: If you ever stop in Foley MN and you run across a " Dziuk " or a " Jacquemart " tell them one of their own is alive and well in Virginia.

·
Super Moderator
9,845 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania. Nice looking Wing with great potential. Enjoy the site and ride safe..

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks,guys(and gals)Glad to be here.
She was last licensed in 08,and was drained of gas,so it should be a short rehab.I was able to get it to fire already,just having a little trouble with fuel delivery yet .
I need to get some non ethenol gas for her,as well as proper oil and coolant.Not having a manual is a huge PITA right now ,but we'll get through it.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Welcome from Alberta Canada fluffy. Looks like someone put the 3rd generation wheels on her...full cast intead of the spokes or Comstars. I like!

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Welcome to the fourm. That's a great looking Wing, I'd like to have one just like it..Have fun with it and be safe. :D

·
Super Moderator
7,661 Posts
fluffy,
If you need real gas go to www.pure-gas.org. and http://buyrealgas.com/
If you need a manual go to www.usedgoldwingparts.com
If you are close to a Honda Motorcycle dealer you can get the premixed coolant, oil filter and Honda oil.
You can also get factory service manuals through the dealer and yes you can get a GL-1100. Basically you have a 'Hybrid' GL-1000/1100.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Welcome from Ontario Canada fluffy. Ride looks like it hasn't been abused or neglected and should be fun to work with.
Enjoy and ride safe,
Strat

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Welcome from vermont!! Looks great!! Awesome find!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts