Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it has happened, After 30 years or so I get to sit in the front seat of a Goldwing, Last week my daughter who is in the Air force and does not yet have a cycle endorsment (but knows dad has always wanted a wing) bought one a 1986 GL1200A.
So good old dad has promised to take it out once in a while to keep it fresh this bike is great.
I sold my 550 Suzuki about 5 years ago and I must say this wing is huge and imtimadating nothing like I have ever rode before.
Now I am not new to riding I have been riding at least 15 of the last 30 years but nothing this big.
My wife calls it my new girlfriend because I spent more time in the garage last Sunday polishing the wing then I spent with her (my buddy who rides a Harley told her to get used to it). lol
I hope finding this forum will offer many tips to watch out for.
Jerry

·
Super Moderator
7,671 Posts
Good morning and welcome to the forum.
Good people and good info here, we'll help you.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello jerry , welcome to GWOF. so did your daughter buy this wing for you or now that she has gotten you hooked are you getting a wing for yourself

·
Super Moderator
9,852 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania.

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Down Under. Enjoy the old girl. Eric

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hello jerry , welcome to GWOF. so did your daughter buy this wing for you or now that she has gotten you hooked are you getting a wing for yourself
well detdrbuzzard
I have been hooked for a long time on wings
she did let me title it in my name.
She has yet to get a motorcycle endorsment for herself and even she knows this is not a starter bike.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
well detdrbuzzard
I have been hooked for a long time on wings
she did let me title it in my name.
She has yet to get a motorcycle endorsment for herself and even she knows this is not a starter bike.
so when do we get to see some pic's of your wing

·
Registered
93 Posts
Welcome Jerry from Indiana. i am about 30 miles south of the border, and love to ride in Michigan. hope we can catch up someday. I ride a 1500 GW that just come back from Kalamazoo the other day. great ride. gonna do a ride in zoo on the 26th for a children burn camp, can't find a better cause. Ride safe,Ride smart. Mark

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so when do we get to see some pic's of your wing
I think I now have a album with a picture in it, But I don't know where so, to tell you to look but I am sure it worked. Kind of a Accidental hide and seek game good luck.:)
Jerry

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa. Once you ride a Wing you never want to go back to any other bike.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I believe you RAM 54 I got the plates on today and got in the seat today on the road for 28 miles or so (some of which were in the rain but that was not going to stop me) only once or twice before have I had so much fun alone. :D
Jerry

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Welcome along jerry. That's some girl you got there!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts