Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm picking up my Goldwing tomorrow; GL1800A 2001 yellow. Traded in my VTX 1300 C custom, so I'm pretty pumped about the years to come.

Looking forward to reading good advice here - thanks in advance!

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the wing, you'll love it!

·
Premium Member
23,769 Posts
Parallel Universe hothouse ! Got my Wing in November and sold my VTX 1300 C two months ago. She rides better and handles better than that cruiser. The more you ride the better it gets. This bike will bond with you, something I never " felt " from the VTX. I trust this bike.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome. I'm in good company, no question. Here's a pic of the outgoing bike - update tomorrow with the new :)

·
Registered
449 Posts
I've only had a Wing since last August. Wife had to push me into even looking at one. We can't get enough of it now. She's the aftermarket "goodie buyer". I just head it down the road. We have enjoyed it since day one. Next month, it's a 14 day road trip to Washington,D.C.:D:D:D:D:D

·
Super Moderator
15,237 Posts
hello and welcome to GWOF hothouse

·
Super Moderator
9,847 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania and congrats on your new Wing. Nice looking VTX. Someone is going to get a sweet ride.... Hope you like the forum. Lots of nice folks and good advice on here. Ride safe....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Old Sabre, new wing

I finally got tired of hearing "my butt hurts". My 2002 Honda Shadow Sabre didn't like her!!! Broke down and bought a 2010 red Goldwing on 6/24. WOW, what have I been missing all these years. Working full time I still have put 2600 miles on it so far. P.S. I don't hear any more complaining from the back seat. Anybody looking for a Sabre? I'm not too far from Louisville, KY.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@jtmc1: LOL! 2010, beautiful! Congrats!

@stratman: Huntsville is one of my favourite areas - grew up camping up in that area (Kashe) & the Kawarthas. Must be some incredible riding up there! Cheers!

@Two Wheel: Thanks! Yes someone will get a very sweet VTX, she was a real beaut! Thanks!

@detdrbuzzrd: Thanks very much!

@marcsvette: Sounds like a match made in heaven! Very cool - enjoy every moment!

@ Paul H: I'll bet you go into the Tim's in Port Perry? I was there just this evening on my inaugural ride on the sweet new beast. We go through there a lot on the way up to our cottage near Bobcaygeon.

@chopin114: What a difference, huh? OMG, to think it took me 43 years to wise up to a Goldwing. Liked the VTX, absolutely in love with the GW! OMG!

@Matt: Thanks so much! You're right so far :) The bike is a dream!

Cheers all! I picked up the bike this afternoon and took her fora quick spin before picking up the kids at Canada's Wonderland. Took my 11 year old son out for a quick ride then tooted up to Uxbridge to see my Mum and Dad. Dad's a former Goldwing & ElectraGlide rider and he loved it.

When I was a young boy, Dad bought a 350 Honda - yellow tank. He took me for a little ride around the neighbourhood and I never forgot it. Today I took my dad for a ride on my yellow Honda. It's come full circle - I could feel he was a little sentimental, remembering his days touring on holidays with my mother asleep on the back :) Colorado, Tennessee, California, Nebraska, Kansas, etc... Anyway, I was very happy to have him on the back.

Got home just 30 minutes ago and I'm just pumped. Wicked ride, a lot sportier than I thought it might be; lovely in the turns. I'm short, 5'4" and it feels great!!! I'm used to slightly larger bikes, thought this may be on the cusp of being too big -- not a problem whatsoever. So comfortable, even at stoplights. I really didn't want to park it!! (Must be responsible LOL!)

All the best!

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Welcome from out West hothouse. Not only is that a good loking VTX, that's a great photo...nicely done. I know I've got pics of all my scoots somewhere, but to find them after all these years, agh. Enjoy the site and your Wing!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Canadian, eh!

Hello fellow Canadian winger. If your like me and lament the shorter "Primmo" riding season up here, you'll at least appreciate/enjoy the good shielding and amenities a Wing provides to lengthen a season.
Enjoy!

·
Registered
835 Posts
Budoka, ya gotta talk to your suppliers about some all purpose winter tires for us Canucks. I think whitewalls would look cool on my ride :).
Anything to extend the season.
Strat

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Strat you could always go 'darkside' NOT!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Welcome to the forum bud. I'm just south of you in Whitby. Just an FYI, check you VIN, i'm told there's a recall on that year of GW. Weld spots on the frame.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Welcome to the site from the Tar Heel state. Enjoy the new wing :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts