Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all my name is Randy, and I'm proud to say I am a Goldwing owner again! My first bike was a Yamaha 900, I thought I'd start on something small, but I got a 1974 GW1000 6 months later...what a bike. It was candy apple red, and I put a Harley style windshield(fabricated my own brackets) on it, leather saddle bags, and some leather fringe here and there. I still really didn't know much about GW's then(still don't), and was taken advantage of, I was told the bike was worthless because the charging system wasn't working...I sold it for $150 to the mechanic that did the last tune up on it.

Anyway, 10 years later without a motorcycle here I am back in the saddle of a 1982 1100 Goldwing that I purchased just hours ago for $600. All it needs is a new seat! I bought it from one of the last Goldwing mechanics(that work on '85 or older models) here in Vegas. He has offered to be my mechanic free(if I'm willing to learn-ahh yes!). He even wants first chance to buy it if I ever sell it, he has 3 others he's restoring. I asked him why just $600(I offered 700 just to have first dibs-he didn't take the extra $100!) and he told me "I paid $600 for it and it has done me right, and just decided to do the same for someone else."

Here's a small pic.

·
Super Moderator
15,241 Posts
hello and welcome to GWOF omega man and welcome back to goldwings. good pic of a great bike

1 - 2 of 2 Posts