Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Member here! Thought I would say hello to everyone. :) I've been riding Hondas for 37 years now. Last Month I picked up my first Gold Wing. Its a 1985 Interstate with 38k miles on it. It had been setting in a garage for the last 2-3 years. I am currently having the seals replaced. The stator checked and/or replaced. When I was draining the oil, I noticed a very strong odor of gas in the oil.:eek: I guess this is "normal" if a bike had been sitting for a period of time....Sooo.. the carbs are being rebuilt also... Hopefully I'll be able to meet some of ya'all out on the road..

·
Super Moderator
28,449 Posts
Hi to you from Pa. Congrats on the new to you Wing. Ride safe when you get it ready.

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
Hello from Northern Virginia ! A few posts down one of our members was just discussing an upcoming trip up or around your way. I have a good acquaintance in Dandridge Tenn. and it would sure be nice to visit him and tour the Tennessee countryside. Meanwhile, we can talk about it here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello from Northern Virginia ! A few posts down one of our members was just discussing an upcoming trip up or around your way. I have a good acquaintance in Dandridge Tenn. and it would sure be nice to visit him and tour the Tennessee countryside. Meanwhile, we can talk about it here.
I am all for meeting new people. I have a trip planned the first week of June, if the bike is ready. I plan on going to Myrtle Beach..

·
Super Moderator
9,856 Posts
Welcome to the forum from the Keystone state and congrats on your new (2u) Wing. I've been to your fair city many times for Rider rallies and Honda Hoot. Great town and great area to ride. Miss coming down that way. Take care, enjoy the board and ride safe..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to the forum from the Keystone state and congrats on your new (2u) Wing. I've been to your fair city many times for Rider rallies and Honda Hoot. Great town and great area to ride. Miss coming down that way. Take care, enjoy the board and ride safe..
As you mentioned the Honda Hoot is no longer here. Too bad. It was good while it lasted.

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Hello from Illinois and welcome to the site, congrats on your wing.

·
Super Moderator
15,241 Posts
hello and welcome to GWOF SARoss

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Hi from ALberta Canada and congrats on the bike. Sounds like you've got a good handle on things as far as getting your new baby ready to go. There's a few good posts here about the stator issues and how to avoid them in the future. Enjoy!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts