Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum after recently purchasing a 2006 Goldwing. I've owned a few Goldwings over the years and was riding a Valkyrie for the past four years. Decided to go back the Goldwing with my first 1800. Looking forward to some long distance rides next summer when I start my full time retirement. Photo was taken just west of Winthrop, Washington during a ride over the north Cascade Mountain range in September, 2011.

John

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,852 Posts
Congrats on your recent wing purchase and welcome to the forum from Pa. Enjoy the site and ride safe..

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
Welcome to GWOF from Maryland

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello john, welcome to GWOF

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Welcome BC from NC.

Looks like a nice ride-enjoy

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF from Alabam

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Hwy 20 over the Cascade is one of my favorite ride.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Welcome John. You're a fortunate man living in the heart of great riding country. Takes me a day just to get there, but that's what Wings are for:cool:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I haven't had a chance to look at everything on this site but can see there is a wealth of information from some dedicated riders.

Cheers,

John

·
Premium Member
23,772 Posts
You're up there, John, but " bstar " in Terrace, BC still holds the title " Most Northern Nanook rider in BC. " Living here in the shadows of the Blue Ridge Molehills, the majesty of those mountains can only be seen in my minds eye. Prior to my Wing purchase a local fellow had a Valk for sale. I took it for a little ride and of of course the size and power impressed me over the 1300 cruiser I was currently riding. In hindsight I was glad that he sold it. For me it was a fine bike, but the passenger seat on the Goldwing is what sold the bike for " her " .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts