Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi list I'm J, About a week ago traded my klr650 for a 1994 Interstate, my mechanic friend was delivering a job and noticed a bike covered, ask the lady what she planed on doing she said want to buy it, the rest is history. :eek:) he put a new battery in it, ran for a day then stopped, bad fuel pump and kickstand switch. I checked with local dealer they want to sell me a new bike LOL, Is there anyplace you all could direct me to buy these two parts from? Thank you. -J

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,557 Posts
Howdy J, welcome to the forum. Where you from? Others may chime in with recommendations as I've bought from ronayers.com and of course your local Honda dealer.

·
Premium Member
7,167 Posts
Hello J. Welcome to the GWOF....Great looking bike. You need to get her on the road

·
Super Moderator
9,854 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania. Somebody on here will find your parts. Ride safe and enjoy the GWOF..

·
Registered
6,730 Posts
Check out Ebay for parts. BTW welcome to the forum.

·
Super Moderator
15,126 Posts
hello j, welcome to GWOF

·
Premium Member
11,012 Posts
Welcome to GWOF from Down Under. I see you have the go fast color. Eric

·
Premium Member
23,804 Posts
Welcome bz. When you get on road with your new scoot, could you take a ride west to Mt. Carroll, IL. Find a Goldwing rider named Matt ( can't be but one in the area ) and give him a kick in the butt from me ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys can a 01 10 HONDA GL1800 GL 1800 GOLDWING FUEL PUMP ASSY be used on a 1994 interstate or at least the pump filter part?

·
Premium Member
8,351 Posts
Hey bzrut,

Welcome to the forum. The all-knowing Trike Lady has supplied some sites. What I also do is post what I'm looking for on this forum and await a response. So far, 3 for 3, saving me quite a bit of money vs. OEM/aftermarket.

I see you're not wasting time asking tough questions. Before the cock crows three times you will have your answer.

Have fun and be safe; they're not mutually exclusive!

Tatanka

·
Premium Member
1,977 Posts
Nice looking machine. Welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Thanks guys can a 01 10 HONDA GL1800 GL 1800 GOLDWING FUEL PUMP ASSY be used on a 1994 interstate or at least the pump filter part?

Ummmmm...nope!!!!! I don't think you can do that....at least not without some mods...

Like said above check Ebay and the other online parts places.

www.cyclemax.com has an OEM section you might be able to order parts from.

·
Premium Member
17,042 Posts
Not trying to be a wise guy here. But I understand it was running fine, then the side stand switch and the fuel pump went bad both at the same time. ?????
Again not being a wise guy but have you checked to make sure the kill switch is in the run position. I've seen guys chase their tails for hours only to fine the kill switch had been bumped.:eek:
Make sure it is in the center position.

·
Super Moderator
11,946 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum. Ebay is your best bet for the kickstand switch. There are also fuel pumps, but I bet it is just the switch causing your problem, if it is indeed bad.

·
Premium Member
5,398 Posts
Welcome to GWOF from Maryland

1 - 20 of 29 Posts