Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings to all. Just bought my first Wing, a 2000 SE. I have been away from roadbikes for quite a few years but a Wing was the ticket to get me back in the saddle.

Right now I am trying to get gear, a set of helmets and the intercom going. I have set my mind on a pair of Nolan 103COM's but have yet to figure out if I can make this work without going through the bluetooth. Nothing wrong with bluetooth but it will eliminate all the audio on the bike. Hopefully someone will chime in with some trick in the near future...

Kim !

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Welcome aboard Kim. I'm not familiar with any of the bluetooth functions so I won't be any help there. Nothing wrong with Nolan lids though!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The funny part is that I actually wrote to Nolan in Italy and had a guy call me back. After the call I was more confused than before... Seems like people take for granted that their new super high tech is the thing to get, despite the fact you loose all functions from the bike's original equipment. Oh well, I will figure it out one way or another....

·
Premium Member
17,146 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You can get Nolan helmets with the head sets install from J and M communication.
From the Northwest Corner
Ron

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the forum. You can get Nolan helmets with the head sets install from J and M communication.
From the Northwest Corner
Ron
Thanks Ron. The problem is not getting the headsets. The problem is to find a pair of headsets that I can hook up to the bike's intercom system as well as adding a 3.5mm jack so that all functions from my iPhone will work as well. This setup will require no batteries (other than in the phone) and will always work regardless. I really thought this would be common and easy to obtain merchandise, I was wrong again... :mad:

·
Registered
455 Posts
Welcome winger!!!
Now to the issue of riding, are you getting any riding time in since you are located in the sunshine state, while some of us are enduring snow, ice and freezing temps. :confused:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome winger!!!
Now to the issue of riding, are you getting any riding time in since you are located in the sunshine state, while some of us are enduring snow, ice and freezing temps. :confused:
Riding all year down here. Just got the gear out of the store to do it too. As for the iPhone, a trip to radioshack will solve all my issues. Finally got it figured out... How's driving the wing in the snow up there?

·
Super Moderator
7,670 Posts
Welcome to the forum Kimswang,
Greetings from Ormond Beach.
Congrats on the new 2 u Wing.

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa and congrats on your new Wing. Ride safe and enjoy the site. Good info and folks on here...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome to the forum Kimswang,
Greetings from Ormond Beach.
Congrats on the new 2 u Wing.
Thanks. I used to live in Ormond while I went to school in Daytona. See you in main street in a few weeks..

Welcome to the forum from Pa and congrats on your new Wing. Ride safe and enjoy the site. Good info and folks on here...
Thanks. I figured it was, and I bet a lot have met on trips around the country..

·
Registered
455 Posts
Riding all year down here. Just got the gear out of the store to do it too. As for the iPhone, a trip to radioshack will solve all my issues. Finally got it figured out... How's driving the wing in the snow up there?
No riding at present in this area except with a 4x4. Both bikes are in the garage wrapped up waiting for decent weather.
Unlike in my younger days I am unwilling to endure freezing temps while trying to enjoy a fun sport. :mad:

·
Super Moderator
15,239 Posts
hello kim, welcome to GWOF. motorcyclecloseouts.com and bewenough.com are two of my favorite places to get gear from

1 - 14 of 14 Posts