Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After lurking on several GW sites for some time I finally ordered a 2012 GW ABS package. Flying down to drive the bike home next weekend from Schroaders in NC.
Having them add the lighted spoiler and Kuryakyn luggage rack .

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
Welcome to GWOF from Maryland , congrats on the Wing , your going to love it

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
congrats svk1200s, wish i could ride down to nc. and back to va. with you. don't forget to get some highway pegs or boards and a driver backrest

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Welcome aboard svk. Go ahead and get yourself an avatar, and update your profile info with where you're located if you want.

·
Super Moderator
9,854 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF from the Keystone state. I had the spoiler and trunk rack added also when I bought my 09. Also added the Honda LED lights.

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Congratulations on your new bike and welcome to the forum from Down Under. Eric

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ready to ride her home

Took delivery today at Schroaders. Great bunch of people. Riding home tomorrow into Irene ... I hope the weather holds till I arrive to batten down the hatches !

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
Took delivery today at Schroaders. Great bunch of people. Riding home tomorrow into Irene ... I hope the weather holds till I arrive to batten down the hatches !
nice looking wing , you should be fine till saturday morning

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
Congrats!!!!!!!! I mapped Deltaville and there you are !. What a coincidence in proximity. I'll be coming down to Saluda and West Point around November 10th to visit Chesty Pullers hometown and resting place. I sure would like to see a 2012 in person.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Congrats!!!!!!!! I mapped Deltaville and there you are !. What a coincidence in proximity. I'll be coming down to Saluda and West Point around November 10th to visit Chesty Pullers hometown and resting place. I sure would like to see a 2012 in person.
Send me a PM when you are coming. If we are still on the map after this storm I'd be glad to show you the bike.

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
Ride west, svk. You're right next to the Smoky Mountains. Where are you planning to stop tomorrow or are you just going to stop for fuel and try to beat the storm to your place ?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No stops but for gas this trip ... makin' a bee line for home to secure things ...Love this area though, so I'll be back to explore !

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
No stops but for gas this trip ... makin' a bee line for home to secure things ...Love this area though, so I'll be back to explore !
Ride like you stole it ! Check in here when you get home. Yahoo has your trip home about 450 miles. Leave at 8:00 you should be home by 5 or 6 if you don't dine in. You're going to enjoy it, but you already knew that.

·
Banned
3,192 Posts
450 miles is very doable if you have some saddle experience on a big cruiser. If you are new to big bikes, that could be fatiguing and therefore dangerous. Be sure to keep your mind right where your hands are.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the advice. I've done a lot of 500 to 600 mile days on previous bikes. Always rest as much as I need .... although I'm on a bit of a mission tomorrow

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
Nice wing....welcome to the forum. Ride safe

1 - 20 of 25 Posts