Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i am planning on getting a 99 se 1500 ... I have checked the bike out . I took it for a very short ride ... It has 40 thousand miles on it from the original owner it has all the maintenance records for it .. i Have always wanted a goldwing (bucket list )i want to ride it to maine ..... .. I will ride a harley but will never read an owners manual... get the point lol

Is there anything i need to know about this bike does it have push button air for the shocks?? or anthing like that . i know it doesn't have heated hand grips or anything like that. it has a trailer that comes with it and looks like a nice set up... i should be picking this rig up this week or next ...
if anyone has has anything to add please do I am so excited ...

·
Premium Member
5,432 Posts
Welcome from Maryland

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

·
Super Moderator
15,163 Posts
hello fishbones, welcome to GWOF. see if the timing belts have been changed. there is a button on the right side of the fairing just infront of your knee for the air shock

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very nice .. the owner says this machine has won some contest with it .. when its a done deal i will post some pics ... he has had it maintained the whole time he has had it .. so i am sure it has been done ....is there anything else i need to know???

·
Premium Member
6,720 Posts
Howdy & welcome from VA!

Mark

·
Super Moderator
7,610 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Congrats on getting a new 2 U Wing.

·
Administrator
29,019 Posts
Hmm Delaware, not sure but might be the 1st one. Anyhow welcome to the GWOF from your Northwestern Neigbor.

·
Registered
9,536 Posts
Welcome from another Pa. brother glad to see you here and try to make it to 1 of the breakfast to meet a great bunch.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,003 Posts
Welcome and enjoy your new wing..

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
Welcome along Fishbones. After 13 + years and just 40k on the clock, I'll bet the belts haven't been replaced, so the age is the critical factor more than the miles. Manual schedule says 100k for replacement, but age takes it's toll so if they haven't been done, it's a good idea to have it looked after.

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the forum.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts