Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After 40 years of riding Honda bikes from my first 150 Dream to my last CB750K (with a few in between) I finally caught up with my true dream, a Goldwing. I found it a little late in the season to do any serious riding (aside from a 200 miler to Maine) but have found enough excuses to a least have been able to ride to work a few times or volunteer to make the pizza run at every opportunity. I made it until my last ride on December 1st, but I surrender. It's time to drain the gas, put another log on the fire and get ready to spend the winter cruising the Blingstuff web sites. I also plan to spend a lot of time on this site. I hope to be able to find riders in this area and perhaps I might even learn a thing or two while enjoying a good laugh at the comments you guys post! As a new "Winger", I have a million questions, but for right now, I'm having a blast following some of these threads and getting many of them answered along the way. Now, if I can just hang in there until Spring!

·
Super Moderator
28,454 Posts
Greetings, sounds like you have a plan. Good people here.

Ride Safe.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello dutchman, welcome to GWOF. tell us more about your wing, what year and color is it? can you post a pic of it

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Welcome to the site Dutchman :)

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
I hear you Dutch. I bought my first Wing last November. I had less than 1,000 flight miles logged and then the snow came, and came again. It was like buying a snow mobile in August.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania. I know how you feel. Temp here this morning was 11 degrees. Next week temps are forcast to go even lower. Bundle up and dream of spring...

·
Premium Member
17,146 Posts
Welcome from the Northwest Corner of Washington state. Hang in there Spring is just around a few more corners.
Great Bunch of people here, they even let me in.:rolleyes:
From the Northwest Corner.
Ron

·
Registered
455 Posts
:eek: Hello and welcome to a great forum!!!! In your effort to reach spring, if your bike is in a garage place a large fan set on high in front of it, and jump on. Works for me!!!! Great gas mileage also. :eek:

A squirrel cage furnace fan works great. :D

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Great idea!!! In the wind!!! I just may have to try that!!!!

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Welcome from Down Under, If you are in need of a good place to ride in your winter months, come on down. Eric

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I found my Wing on-line from a lady in Michigan who was selling it for an ailing brother. It is a 1998 SE, Titanium with 30K on the odometer in pristine condition. I like to think of it as a blank canvas as it has had almost nothing added since it left the factory. I want to add some bling and creature comforts but also want to do it right the first time. So my plan is to read and listen to the advise of you experts before I jump in too deep (a latté machine and a toaster, really Doctor?). I am technically challenged so it may take awhile to get a picture posted but I will as soon as I can figure out how!

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Dutchman... Welcome from Miami. You found a good group here!

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Beer there before. Even after a year here I have learned some new tricks about posting stuff.
Welcome Dutch from NC.

I beer there toooo.

You are wise to think it all thru. Warning: it is nearly impossible to stop once to start buying extra stuff. We have developed a 12 step process to stop buying bling. No one here has gotten past step 4 but we are developing a patch. You strap it to your arm. (alas, it is chrome too).

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Beer here!!!! LMAO !!! Well it is kinda early but ya know it noon some where!!!

·
Registered
455 Posts
Beer here!!!! LMAO !!! Well it is kinda early but ya know it noon some where!!!
Beer there too, had a lot of fun in the process. :D

What do you have in mind for that one piece of wood you are carrying in the picture!!:eek:

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Beer hear fob ober a month noew and it hes bern relly a guud tyme

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
As you can see Dutch, we're a pretty laid back bunch, so welcome 'abeered'. My associates may be pulling your leg (or they might actually be swillin the suds) but I'm all there 'cause I'm working. Hey, LMAO...that means I'm getting paid for this!:D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts