Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the site this past week. Have been really enjoying the threads, the question and answer sections and all of the great pics the many members have of their rides. Looking forward to more. :)

A little about me. I began riding in the 70's as I really had no choice, my father had been building bikes in his dads machine shop since the early sixties. I have not regretted a moment of all these years, spills and all.

·
Administrator
29,013 Posts
Well then here is an official Welcome to the GWOF from PA.

Sweet Ride.:D

·
Banned
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. I plan and being in your neck of the woods possibly in August, I am heading from California to Massachusetts and back. I will probably pick your brains for some nice riding areas in the northeast if you dont mind. :)

·
Administrator
29,013 Posts
Thank you. I plan and being in your neck of the woods possibly in August, I am heading from California to Massachusetts and back. I will probably pick your brains for some nice riding areas in the northeast if you dont mind. :)
Absolutley no issue at all. If you have some time in PA Rt 6 is awesome. Goes from Ohio border near Erie to Port Jervis N.Y. & passes through some very scenic country. It is slow going in some spots which is why I say if you have time. Now if you want to wander a bit in PA, I can help there as well.

Do you know when in Aug you will be in PA????

·
Premium Member
16,738 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF, hang on and enjoy the ride.

Foss is dead on about route 6 in Pa. not fast at times but really nice.

·
Premium Member
24,632 Posts
Welcome from the more northern climes:D

·
Banned
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fossil, most likely around of after the 3rd week of august. Its wide open. I still have 3 weeks of vacation that is itching to be used. The other week I am taking the wife to the Caribbean for a long needed child free getaway haha.

Ron, thanks for the welcome. Everyone seems to relaxed and friendly on this site. I have seen others that are downright hostile.

·
Super Moderator
12,265 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum. Nice looking bike.

·
Administrator
29,013 Posts
Fossil, most likely around of after the 3rd week of august. Its wide open. I still have 3 weeks of vacation that is itching to be used. The other week I am taking the wife to the Caribbean for a long needed child free getaway haha.
Keep us in the loop. Lots of good rides to be had.

Ron, thanks for the welcome. Everyone seems to relaxed and friendly on this site. I have seen others that are downright hostile
Just so you know ace, we don't put up with the hostile stuff here. The Moderating team runs a fairly tight ship. Attacks, language, politics, etc etc etc is usually & most times off limits.

Yet as strange as it may seem (some people come, think that we are too tough & get mad yada yada yada) we continue to grow & for the most part everyone gets along well.

We have a great site & again welcome.

·
Banned
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Peoples attitudes and the tolerance thereof can make or break a website and or forum. Anyway, I have come across great posts, links to articles and some sweet ride pics. :)

·
Super Moderator
15,162 Posts
hello acemang, welcome to GWOF

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
Hello from another Pa. member. Hope you enjoy the site.

·
Super Moderator
10,000 Posts
Welcome to the forum from another Keystone stater. Great looking classic Wing. Give us a shout when you get to Pa and we can give you some places to visit and maybe even meet. Ride safe and enjoy the forum...

·
Premium Member
11,276 Posts
Welcome to GWOF from the Aussie Hoon. Love your bike but I can't fit anymore in anywhere. Eric

·
Banned
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks all for the warm welcome. I see we have alot from and or living in the Northeast. Its kind of funny because my friends on the east coast all dream of riding out here, and I dream of riding back there haha. The grass is always greener......

·
Premium Member
5,432 Posts
Welcome to GWOF from Maryland

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
Welcome from Central Texas...Enjoy the site.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Welcome, from the Salinas/Monterey, Calif area.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts