Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow wingers! Bought my 2nd wing today, 1st one was 9 yrs ago and was totaled when a lady turned left in front of me.

Anyway I bought a 89 GL1500 with 140XXX miles and in pretty great shape. I'm the fourth owner or so I'm told. I put about 30-40 miles on it this afternoon and realized how much i've missed riding.

With its age, it needs so TLC but nothing big. Thinking of a new paint job in a bright red. Probably won't get any more lights than it has now but that remains to be seen. I hate a goddy looking bike because some one put to much on it.

Will try and get pic's tomorrow after i get her cleaned up a bit PO had it in a barn and its got a lot of dust and some bird poo that need cleaned off.

A bit about me, well i started mechanicing in high school and got burned out. So i spent 6yrs on the streets as a Police Officer, then my wife and i decided to adopt a couple, 3 to be exact, drug babies. Well i left the force to go back to mechanicing and making better money to support the family.

I'm a diesel mechanic so i may end up asking lots of questions as i've not worked on bikes a lot.

Previous wing was a 86 interstate.

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
welcome jcarr.

I am still restoring while I ride and got mine painted last summer. Still more to do but very rideable in current state.

I went with red as well. If you check out my album you will see the transformation and better understand the task you are about to perform.

If I can do it, so can you. Just make sure you have someone lined up to paint it and you are both comfortable with it and the price. I had a good guy to do the work, who is a good painter but neither of us understood the magnitude of this until it came apart.
We good thru it and both walked away happy but it could have easily ended differently.

Good luck and take before and after pix. Take time to post them in an album. It is cool to see the transformation 'after' the work is done.

·
Premium Member
10,999 Posts
Welcome aboard from Down Under. As you will know when you start to do up anything it will cost both $ and time and a bit of frustion. But in the end so much fun. Eric

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
Welcome to the forum, you'll get alot of good advice here.

·
Super Moderator
9,843 Posts
Congrats on your new Wing and welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania. Glad your back in the saddle again.. Ride safe and enjoy the GWOF. Nice folks and good info on here..

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Welcome to GWOF and have fun with your project.

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
hello jcarr, welcome to GWOF. congrats on the wing, its great to be back in the saddle

1 - 10 of 10 Posts