Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I am about to put 55w fog lights on my 85 Aspencade is this going to cause a problem with the stator as I have heard that they are not very reliable

·
Super Moderator
15,241 Posts
hello and welcome to GWOF siitman, i would go with 35w lights

·
Super Moderator
9,856 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania.

·
Super Moderator
28,449 Posts
Total up your accessories & see what kind of draw you have on the bike now would be my suggestion. Then take watts divided by voltage & that will be the amp draw. Welcome to the site & hope info helps. When in doubt ere on the side of caution as William said.

·
Registered
42 Posts
HI and a warm welcome from Scotland sorry cant help with answer but i would take advice from the lads on sight they are a good bunch.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
also I here many people advertising thier 1200's getting 50+ mpg mine only gets 38 at best can I get larger needles for my carbs and what and where

·
Registered
6 Posts
New here as well, and also from Saskatchewan. Puchased GL1800 this year and really enjoying it. Just put the bike away for the winter and looking forward to a great year of riding in 2010. Good to see another rider in my neighbourhood.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
It does sound thirsty for a 1200. Mine always got 55+ Cdn mpg when not pulling the Tinymite Hilton. Likely a carb issue due to the age, check your plugs for over-rich signs. Oh yeah, welcome from Ab.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi from Alberta Canada small town Chauvin just picked up my first wing a couple weeks ago weather still nice havent put it away for the winter yet lol.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am looking to put larger needles in the carbs for my 85 aspencade The stock ones are 3.0 mm I have been told that if I go up to 3.2 or 3.4 I will get better fuel economy Anyone know where I can buy these. thanks

·
Registered
201 Posts
Siitman welcome to GWOF from B.C. About the stator, the plug connections coming out of the stator should be soldered,its an electrical weak point that corrodes causing problems.
Radar if your weather is still nice in Ab I'm definitly living on the wrong side of the rockies LOL but my guess is you have a foot of snow and -10 C

·
Registered
12 Posts
We have about six inches of snow and -30c lol just have to polish and shine for the next 3 months Happy new year to everyone.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts