Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. Just wanted to do the whole formal introduction thing...

I'm Matt, 26, live in the Bay Area of Cali, have been riding since I was 12, and have just upgraded from an ST1300 to a GL! Got a steal on one...and since I don't own a car and ride close to 25k a year...I think I got the best bike out there!

Got it 2 days ago and already have 700 miles, loving it. Although admittedly not quite as nimble in the corners...the SO is much happier!

I have ridden everything from a 250 Ninja to a Hayabusa, Concours, FJR and BMWs, and could not be happier:)

Looking forward to meeting some of you at some point and contributing to the board!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Red, fit some traxxion or progressive fork springs and 15W fork oil and be amazed how much better the wing will handle. I also fitted a fork brace at the same time (so don't know what made the biggest difference, the springs or the brace) but it made the bike so much nicer to ride and is far moer chuckable in the bends..
They are great bikes..
Gary

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hi Red Devil,
Congraduations on the Goldwing and I wish you many good times on the best bike that can be had.
You have stumbled upon the very best site for motorcycle lovers.Look forward to checking out your post and again wish you the very best!

Donald Lang-Smooth Thunder

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Red, Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new Wing. What year/model did you get? Lots of great places to ride on the west coast. Have an uncle up in Grass Valley. Enjoy the forum and ride safe..

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Illinois, congrats on your new wing.

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
Matt: I remember being 26. I sold the motorcycle and bought a wife. 27 years later I bought a motorcycle and sold the wife ( on the idea ). The Great State of Virginia says hello. Wish you the best here and everywhere.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello and welcome to GWOF reddevil, what year wing are you riding

·
Registered
449 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts