Super Moderator
11,798 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lame

Well that was lame.lol I am 42 and a truck driver I haul hazmat for a living out of Memphis Tn. I was looking for a seat recommendation to get me a little further back and a little softer ride. Owned the bike for 2 weekends now, and Have been on 3 mountains coolest place to ride right now got the wife to go with me today for first time but I think she was more interested in lunch...

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa. I'm sure we have some members from your state. Ride safe and enjoy...

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Alabama. I understand Arkansas has some pretty good riding.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
already found the local chapter waiting for them to meet. Always has to have food. We have some faboulous roads here in Arkansas I live 1 mile from the best of them scenic hwy seven which cuts north to south through whe western portion taking in two mountain ranges and hundreds of parks. I have driven in every state but two and wouldnt move for anything the bike is a blessing cant wait for cooler weather...

·
Super Moderator
15,238 Posts
hello warren, welcome to GWOF. a custom made seat might be what your looking for. as far asthe suspension try letting some air out of the rear shock

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am a big guy and really strong havent really had any trouble with the weight of the bike. I have bent knees and even with wife on back it is still managable. My problem is after an hour the boys feel like they have been smooshed. I feel like I am riding too upright and constantly want to push back. I am 6ft 1" and have long legs. I weigh 320 pounds. I am looking at the Hartco seats and want a drivers backrest which may not be do able with wanting to moove back. My commute one way is 210 miles so I want to be comfortable...

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
welcome to GWOF from Maryland

·
Registered
741 Posts
Welcome to the forum. My first wife (1980's) was from Fayetteville, Arkansas and I loved the riding in those parts. Now she's in Hawaii...maybe I should hook up with her again. Beautiful roads, nice people, and geez...some humongous bugs! Riding at night in the summertime was especially enjoyable with the fireflies flickering low in the grass.

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Welcome to the forum from your neighbor to the west, Texas. My wife and I honeymooned in your beautiful state 35 years ago, and have been back a number of times over the years. Made the trip to Mena year before last on my Wing and plan to go back to your lovely state in October.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
mena

If you were that close to mena I hope you took the time to visit Hot Springs, that is one of my favorite towns cant beat getting the wife a message at the hotel for brownie points,,,lol My best friend runs the AQ chicken house in Fayetteville and we go up there to eat all the time Fayetteville has gotten too crowded with traffic... for Arkansas that is loo...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
october

Where are you planning on going up here I was a salesman for 20 years and know most of the state pretty well If you want any info just hollar...

·
Super Moderator
7,667 Posts
Hello and welcome.
Glad you joined us.
Congrats on the new 2 U GL1500, ride safe and enjoy.
Greetings from Ormond Beach, Florida

·
Registered
119 Posts
Welcome, Warren & congrats on a fine bike!

I had a Russell All-day seat made for me when I had my '94. I'm 6'2" & the stock seat was really painful on my lower back after a couple hours (I'm about 15 years older than you). Russell is only one option, & it's a rather expensive one at that. I still wasn't able to ride "all day," but it was worth the expense & they are very good at making adjustments, although I'm a LOT closer to them than you are.

A good seat & backrest will make a world of difference. I'm sure there's already a lot of info on this site about seats, and there is a ton of experience + being a friendly, helpful bunch here.

WELCOME! Ride safe.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
welcome Warren. go ahead and set yourself up with an avatar if you want!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts