Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to say hi to all you riders out there but a particular shout to any disabled members. I cannot walk far or stand long so after dropping my harley a couple of times i sold it. I have my lovely wife to thank for the Goldwing trike i know own. It is a recent home conversion of an old 85 aspengade gl 1200 and i love it. It has a few problems that need sorting but will post those later. nJust wanted to say that i feel like a biker again - definitely better to get a trike that was a bike rather than one that was a car!!

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello and welcome to GWOF tikeymikey

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Welcome aboard tikeymikey. Share some more info on your home conversion trike with us...like pctures, eh?

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Way to go Tikeymikey. Hard to keep a good man down. Your wife sounds like a keeper and it seems like she has good taste in bikes as well as men. Love the handle. By the way most of on here have dropped our bikes also and with no excuse except stupidity.
Way to go Tikeymikey. Hard to keep a good man down. Your wife sounds like a keeper and it seems like she has good taste in bikes as well as men. Love the handle. By the way most of us on here have dropped our bikes also and with no excuse except stupidity.

Ride safely.

·
Registered
10 Posts
From another disabled member

You are not by yourself tikeymikey. My story is very simular to yours, My wind in the face machine is a 91 aspy with a velorex side car, only had two months , but I!m injoying the heck out of it.

·
Super Moderator
9,852 Posts
Tikeymikey, welcome to the forum from the Keystone state. Glad you are aboard. Enjoy your ride and the forum. Ride safe..

·
Super Moderator
9,852 Posts
Bigl54, welcome to you too from Pennsylvania. Good forum here with nice folks and good information. Ride safe and enjoy the site..

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Welcome to the group, I told my wife when I can't ride a two wheeler anymore I will trike my bike.

·
Premium Member
23,772 Posts
Hello from Virginia. The Goldwing is a natural for a trike conversion. A bike my turn my head once, but a trike always turns it twice. You are another example of the fallacy of the word " Disabled " . Me thinks rather that you are " This-able " .

·
Premium Member
11,006 Posts
Good on you Tikeymikey I have a mate that lost his right leg when he was 20 years old.That was 25 years ago. His fix was to get a sidecar and he still has it.I have being with him swing in the chair and the smile on his face when he puts you up in the air is worth millions.Thing are alway harder to do but he still dose them.Eric

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow thanks guys for the terrific responses. My Wife is definitely a keeper as is the trike! I will try to post some pics very soon as i think it is a real one-off and has 95% original bike. As i always knew, Goldwing owners are every bit as nice and cool as Harley owners. I must try and remember all the bikes i've had so i can list em. Also my handle was meant to be TRIKEYMIKEY but i guess i was tired when i set up the registration lol

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
help ! i don't have any url support for my pics - i only have them on my hard drive - is it possible to still post images on this site? many thanks

·
Super Moderator
7,668 Posts
tikeymikey,
Welcome to the forum and greetings from Florida, enjoy your trike they're great to ride.
Please share photos of your trike, I always like to see different trikes.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Glad to have you aboard. Disabled is whatever you chose to make of it. I know some that seem to relish in it, while others you would have a hard time keeping them down. You sound like the later. By the way that's one clean machine you have. once again WELCOME

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for all your lovely comments - mostly from American friends i see. A long time ago i rode a kawasaki csr 650 in all states except hawaii and alaska (sorry to you guys but logistics prevented it) I found, without exception, such friendly and helpful people from the hills of arkansas to the streets of key west. The USA is just made for cruising!!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts