Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just joined the Goldwing forum and have a question. But first,
I am a Vietnam Vet and retired fire captain from San Antonio. I'm riding a '95 GW Aspencade. Are there any Goldwing mechanics out there? i just had work done on the bike (timing belts & tires) and had a hard time getting the neutral light to come on with the bike out of gear. Now it is out of gear, but the light wont come on and so it wont start. I bet it's something simple, but it bearts me. Anybody have any guesses? Oh, the Reverse light comes on momentarily and then goes out. The battery was low (or so I thought) and so I put in a new battery, thinking I had a low voltage problem. Thanks for any advice. rick

What is a junior member? I'm 58. I guess I'm a senior member?

·
Super Moderator
28,442 Posts
First of all Beekeeper thanks for service to your country. San Antonio you say, I'll be in San Antone next year on cross country trip. So I have a question for you. Where am I going to get the best meal & where should I be staying looking to locate near the Alamo for convience?

Addressing what you asked, My reverse light comes on momentarily also so I'm not sure that's an issue. I know when I went to look at & ride mine, I was checking things, put the bike in reverse & when I took it out of reverse I was a little timid with it & had a similar issue. The guy I bought the bike from & I messed with it a bit. Rocking it, pulling in and out of reverse, took the side cover off & even tug at the cables. After some prodding we finally got it to disengage. Since then I've had it adjusted & also make it a very deliberate disengagement. Not sure if that helps but that is my only experiance.

By the way mine is 95 1500SE

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reply To Fossil

Fossil,
good name for an older fart like me(I assume). Thanks for your reply. In times past, rocking it would get it into neutral & green light. I can't get a flicker of green light now. maybe neutral switch, relay, who knows. The shop that worked on it is sending a trailer out to take it back in tomorrow. i appreciate your input & suggestion. rick

·
Super Moderator
28,442 Posts
Yeah you're right about the old fart stuff. Turned 52 last month. But funny thing that's actually not where it came from. Origination is as such. Some years ago Brother in law, sister & I formed a Formula Ford/Continental race team. Asking their son who was 6 at the time & quite the amateur palentologist what we should call the team, his response was Fossil Racing. Now of course since racing is a young mans' sport the b. in law & I said " That's perfect the cars are old the drivers are old & the team members are old. It seemed to fit.

My car was # 92. Hence the Fossil92. I actually saw on other sites & started it on a Nighthawk site, a thread that asked how your Screen name came about. Sometimes you get some interesting stories.

Good luck on bike. Keep us informed as to outcome. I for one would be interested to know.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great Story

Fos,
what an interesting story. Good name. what an exciting hobby.
The shope is supposed to come out and haul the bike in today. I had a ride from san antonio to colorado springs next week (Tue) but will probably go via car, now. thanks for asking. rick

·
Super Moderator
15,237 Posts
hello and welcome to GWOF beekeeper

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Welcome Bee! Good folks and info here.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Welcome Bee. I am in Bandera. Hope to see you at the rally here on the 25,26 & 27th.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts