Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm 23 yrs. old. My dad passed away about a year ago and left me his beloved 08 Goldwing because I loved to go on rides with him. I wanted to keep it so I learned how to ride it and I'm having a ball. I joined up in hopes to learn more about doing maintenance type things myself instead of relying on the dealer.

·
Super Moderator
9,856 Posts
First, welcome to the GWOF from Pennsylvania. Sorry to hear of your Dad's passing. Seems he left you a love for riding. I'm sure you shared many great times together. Enjoy his gift to you and ride safe. If or when you have kids, take them on the Wing like your Dad did.

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
Sorry to hear about your dad , welcome to GWOF from Maryland , you will find good advice and will learn a lot from these forums

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
The first week I fell over a couple of times turning right but I'm really getting the hang of it now. I only scratched up the crash bars and Ive recently bought some on Ebay but they haven't arrived yet. I also inherited a lot of tools. Its really funny to see peoples reaction when I take off my helmet and see how young I am, let alone a girl. I'm only 125 lbs and my feet barely touch the ground but I am determined to get confident enough to travel around the country. Its what my dad always talked of doing and never got the chance. I'm going to do it for him.

·
Super Moderator
9,856 Posts
The first week I fell over a couple of times turning right but I'm really getting the hang of it now. I only scratched up the crash bars and Ive recently bought some on Ebay but they haven't arrived yet. I also inherited a lot of tools. Its really funny to see peoples reaction when I take off my helmet and see how young I am, let alone a girl. I'm only 125 lbs and my feet barely touch the ground but I am determined to get confident enough to travel around the country. Its what my dad always talked of doing and never got the chance. I'm going to do it for him.
There are many lady wing riders. Hope you have opportunity to take that trip----For Him and for Yourself. Ride safe and enjoy..

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
trip

Welcome to the forum from Alabama ! Sorry to hear about your dad . I am sure he would be very proud of you and if you are ever in North Alabama lunch is on me and the better half ! Ride Safe !!

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
Welcome from Virginia. Truly a sad but inspiring tale. I'll be coming out to Sun City, AZ for my annual visit next April or so for a visit and some riding. Always looking for interested riders for my obligatory trip up to Sedona and Jerome and beyond.

·
Super Moderator
7,670 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
You've come to the best Goldwing Forum with the nicest group of people.
You're determined and you'll do it. You'll have a 'Guardian Angel' on your journeys.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I love Sedona. And Jerome is one of my favorite haunts to explore. Its a spooky and magical place with a ton of really interesting mining history and neat things to see. Especially the inhabitants. I always learn something new when we visit Jerome. Sedona simply speaks for itself. A very mystical and magical place on earth. There's no where else like it anywhere.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Hello Pinktoes and welcome Sorry to here about your Dad passing,he must have really known how much you loved to ride with him and wanted you to enjoy ridding as much as he did. Have fun and ride as much as you can. And by the way my 19 year old son rides my 85 Aspy. and Im glade because I would rather he ride a goldwing instead of a crouch rocket much safer for him. Hal

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
Welcome to forum Pinkie....Good luck on your quest. Your Dad would be so proud:)

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Hey from NC and welcome 2 Gwof. Was eating a pizza at La Bocca's
On Mill St. Last week. So funny what a small world it really is.

Make this forum what u will. Info at the least and friends if u hang around. U will find an eclectic group with lots of help and insight. A few even from down under. Eric is teaching us Aussy slang while he chimes in from a different perspective.

Catch you in the traps all.
Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
Sorry about your Dad, and, Welcome to the Forum Pinkie, some great folks hang around here.

·
Premium Member
11,007 Posts
G'day from Down Under and welcome to the forum. I have 1 daughter and 1 son that ride. The 2 youngest ride with me when they can but they have too beat my wife to the pillion seat. I am sure your Dad would have been tickled pink that you are getting out there and having a go. Best wishes for your riding expereinces. Eric

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa. Check into it but I think someone sells a kit to lower a Wing. Ride safe.

·
Super Moderator
15,241 Posts
hello pinktoes, welcome to GOWF. sorry for the loss of your dad but glad to see that you not only kept his wing but learned to ride it too

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Welcome along pinktoes, you have my condolences as well. Went through that a couple years back, not an easy thing.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts