Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After searching for 6 months I finally found a 2001 base model with only 19k on it. So far I love it! I had a 1996 1100 Shadow that had 95k on it.
The handling is great and the CC is very welcomed. I think all I need is a back rest and I will be set. The CC has a slight delay before it kicks in, is that normal? The throttle seems to have a little more free play than I like, is that adjustable?
What do ya'll put on the seats to keep them in good shape? This will be my work vehicle and will spend time in the sun.

·
Super Moderator
11,803 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Welcome from Pennsylvania. Ride safe and enjoy the site..

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello bikrbob, welcome to GWOF

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
Welcome! The throttle play is adjustable from two locations. The first place to try is the adjustment just past the throttle handle. Unloosen the small lock nut and turn the long sleeve nut in the proper direction that will tighten up the throttle slack. The second adjustment point is under the dash. Haven't been there yet myself, so start with the top adjustment first.

Attachments

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will try that adjustment this weekend. As far as the seat do you use Armor all or something similar?

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
I will try that adjustment this weekend. As far as the seat do you use Armor all or something similar?
I use " New Vinyl " because I still have some. The only draw back to any of these " conditioners " is that they tend to run when they get damp. No big deal. If you find some black streaks on your side covers just below your seat blame it on the conditioner. P.S. Excessive play in the throttle makes low speed maneuvers kind of rough, doesn't it ? I got the slack out of mine and I feel more like a pro in the crowded parking lot. Wife appreciates the smoother take off too.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the tips. I made the adjustment but haven't taken it out yet but it feels much better.
I also like the seat cover, probably pick that up pretty soon.

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
Welcome to the forum bikrbob from Pa. Get the back rest you'll love it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts