Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m 62 and just purchased a 2006, GW with 50,000km (31,000 miles). That motorcycle itch just never goes away so I scratched it again 😁.
Im considering trying some motorcycle camping (no trailer). Haven’t camped in a tent in many years. I’ll be looking for some good advice, and, might have some questions about keeping comfortable 😂🤣. I think I found the right place.

·
Registered
8,415 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Camping is pretty easy with a Goldwing due to the ample storage space. One thing to do is to get a tent that will fit in a saddlebag.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Welcome from the northern tier of PA. Enjoy the forum and ride safe.

·
Administrator
16,072 Posts
Welcome to you from Mississippi. I've camped with mine before, the back seat is a great place for a tent and cooler if you travel solo. Also some type of pad to sleep on is helpful. I have a Thermarest that rolls up fairly small and works great.

Beauty, eh?

·
Super Moderator
13,065 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.

·
Super Moderator
10,482 Posts
Welcome from Pennsylvania to the GWOF.

·
978 Posts
I’m 62 and just purchased a 2006, GW with 50,000km (31,000 miles). That motorcycle itch just never goes away so I scratched it again 😁.
Im considering trying some motorcycle camping (no trailer). Haven’t camped in a tent in many years. I’ll be looking for some good advice, and, might have some questions about keeping comfortable 😂🤣. I think I found the right place.
LOL, you might want to try sleeping in a tent in your yard first. At 64, I slept on the ground a lot. Now?, not if I can help it. I still have tents, self inflating mattresses and synthetic down sleeping bags, that may not get used ever again. I know I would have a hard time in the morning trying to function after such a night anymore. More power to you, if you do go, but test it all out in your yard to learn what to bring. Even to the point of loading the bike up, riding it around the town some, then coming home and unpacking for the night. It IS an eye opener. Oh, and post some pictures of your adventures so we can be there too!!! I’ll be following.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Welcome to the the club of the most luxurious motor cycle club in the world.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts