Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to pick up my first Goldwing tomorrow. It's a 1982 GL1100 with 55k miles. Guy has all his maintenance records and everything, and a recent maintenance. I am pretty stoked, to be honest. I'm here to read up and be prepared for any quirks I need to look out for (every bike model has them, right?) on this particular bike, and just share stories and questions with like-minded folks. I live in North Alabama and work in the tech industry. I'll post some up to date pics of the bike tomorrow or Sunday (depending on weather)when my attachment posting rights are granted. I'm looking forward to getting her on the road tomorrow afternoon and blowing the cobwebs off. I look forward to talking to you all!

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Congratulations on your new Goldwing. Are you sure it is a 1982? The wheels look like my 1983 Goldwing. The '82 Goldwings had a modular wheel. Also, check through all the maintenance records to see if the head gaskets have been replaced. 4 years ago my head gaskets went bad and had to replace the engine. From what I read on line a lot of the "83 head gaskets were failing around that age. Good luck with your Goldwing.

Clayton G

·
Super Moderator
11,301 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.

Nice looking bike.

·
Super Moderator
14,101 Posts
Welcome to you from Mississippi. That is a very nice looking classic bike. Enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Welcome from the northern tier of PA. Nice looking bike. Enjoy the forum and ride safe.

·
Super Moderator
9,573 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF from the Keystone state. Great looking early Wing. Ride safe and enjoy the forum and get to know the great folks on here..

·
Administrator
26,311 Posts
welcome to the site. Clayton is correct on the wheels, the '82 had the Comstar (2 piece) modular wheels, and the '82 had the Comcast (cast aluminum) wheels.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts