Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for letting me join your group.
I recently purchased my first Goldwing. She's a 1982 GL1100 Interstate with 22,350 miles on her. She's in excellent condition, never been laid down, and 99% complete.

Everything, I mean EVERYTHING is working on her, and she rides down the highway as smooth as a baby's bottom!! The only thing I had to replace on her were the Vetter speakers as they were dry rot.

As I said, this bike is 99% complete, but is missing one aftermarket rear bumper accessory lens. I have been searching for a replacement since I picked her up, about 3 weeks now, but can't find anything like it.

I would love to find its mate to make the bike complete, so I am asking for some help to locate one..

It is a screw on lens that attaches to a spring loaded arm that bolts to the rear bumper. Directly beneath the lens is a bulb to illuminate the lens. The one I have looks really cool in the evening.

Attached is a picture of the one that remains on my bike.

Thanks for the help everyone!!
Shawn in Colorado Bicycle fork Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bicycle accessory Bicycle frame
303-919-3698

·
Administrator
29,013 Posts
Welcome along to the GWOF from AZ.

Never saw anything like that, but who knows you may get lucky

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I recently purchased my first Goldwing. She's a 1982 GL1100 Interstate with 22,350 miles on her. She's in excellent condition, never been laid down, and 99% complete.

Everything, I mean EVERYTHING is working on her, and she rides down the highway as smooth as a baby's bottom!! The only thing I had to replace on her were the Vetter speakers as they were dry rot.

As I said, this bike is 99% complete, but is missing one aftermarket rear bumper accessory lens. I have been searching for a replacement since I picked her up, about 3 weeks now, but can't find anything like it.

I would love to find its mate to make the bike complete, so I am asking for some help to locate one..

It is a screw on lens that attaches to a spring loaded arm that bolts to the rear bumper. Directly beneath the lens is a bulb to illuminate the lens. The one I have looks really cool in the evening.

Attached is a picture of the one that remains on my bike.

Thanks for the help everyone!!
Shawn in Colorado View attachment 278236
303-919-3698
P.S. I am regluing the moulding on the cases, hence the c-clamp in the pic.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I have never seen anything like that either, wish you the best of luck in your search and welcome to the forum.

·
Super Moderator
7,609 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
I know what that is and they are hard to find. Its a 'Marker Pole'. I had a show bike that had a set in red. You may find one in a salvage yard or a shop that has vintage parts.
If you deal with these people be careful, they have what you need in amber: Lights

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They have what I want. Thanks for the lead. They seem legit??? We will see.. I ordered one for $35, although I did not need the spring base, only the lens and collar, which the do not offer the collar alone, just the lens alone, so I ordered the pole complete.. Thanks Trike Lady!
Shawn in Colorado

·
Premium Member
11,276 Posts
Welcome to GWOF from Down Under.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Denver - welcome to GWOF from central Michigan (soon to be central FL) - great bunch on here.

Sing to Him who rides across the heavens, his mighty voice thundering from the sky. Ps 68:33

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
Welcome from the northern tier of PA. Next time post a pic of the whole bike. Enjoy the forum and ride safe.

·
Registered
1996 Honda GoldWing Interstate, Candy Spectra Red, and of course, with drive shaft.
65 Posts
I love it when these older machines find someone who will keep them running. Good on you, and of course welcome to the group!

Reactions: Denver Biker

·
Administrator
15,305 Posts
Welcome to you from Mississippi. I hope that purchase was the right one.

Reactions: Denver Biker

·
Registered
2008 GL1800 Premium Audio
25 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
2008 GL1800 Premium Audio
25 Posts
Sure thing!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
They have what I want. Thanks for the lead. They seem legit??? We will see.. I ordered one for $35, although I did not need the spring base, only the lens and collar, which the do not offer the collar alone, just the lens alone, so I ordered the pole complete.. Thanks Trike Lady!
Shawn in Colorado
Hi Trike Lady,
Thanks again for the lead. The parts I ordered were fine, but my orig one has a metal jeweled collar, and the one I got has a plastic jeweled collar. You can't really see the diff. I ordered a trunk luggage rack off E-barf and got a killer deal on it. $23 free shipping. I installed them both today and will ride tomorrow.. I ordered a few more accessories from Saber Cycle as I like this marker pole. Again, thanks for the tip!!!
Happy riding!!!
Shawn in Colorado

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts