Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been riding a 250 Rebel for the past two years and finally convinced my bride that it was too cold without a windshield and fairing when the temp got below 45F.

Bought a well seasoned 82 from a fellow who I don't think believed in garaging vehicles. Paint was fully crapped out and the front shocks leaked like sieves. And when I checked the air in the rear tire, but valve stem fell off.

So, new tires, learned how to rebuild the front shocks, gonna have to tear the carbs apart to get a sticky float valve fixed, but while I had it down, I pulled all the painted surfaces off, sanded them and painted them a nice cream color with burgandy pin stripe. Got a nice look to it now.

Also got rid of the car stereo he crammed in the left side pocket and replaced with a mini MP3 player and some surface mount speakers.

Having some fun now!

Personal history: Retired fire chief who now teaches at high school and college level, takes care of two or our three grandkids each day and would rather be sailing!

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Welcome from NC.

There is always room and a soft spot here for anyone who brings back a wing from the brink.
Congrats and as always, a good story is always better with pictures. Before and after if you please.

·
Super Moderator
7,661 Posts
Welcome,
Sounds like you have a fun project on your hands.
Congrats on the new 2 u bike, ride safe.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Welcome from the Tar Heel state:) Have fun on your new project

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Welcome from So Calif, Northern Calif. is a great spot for riding, Where in Northern Calif are you located?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Living the dream

in the city of Woodland, just 18 miles NW of Sacratomato

·
Super Moderator
9,845 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa. My wife's uncle lives in Grass Valley, CA. Great country for riding in the hills.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Glad to see you're sorted buddy. Fork seals won't be too bad to do, and the other stuff is time consuming, but not overly hard. Tyres you can get mounted at just about any bike shop, and even some auto shops are equipped to do bike tyres. Welcome along.

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Welcome aboard chief, have fun with your wing and grand kids.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Welcome
Now you can enjoy the coastal highway on a bike that has a windshield. You lucky man. :)
Gooooooooood luck with your project.
Ride safe

1 - 13 of 13 Posts