Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried the Wsays Handlebar risers? They look exactly like the helibars and so much cheaper. I'm definitely going to buy one or the other. At 5'-4" it has got to be a more comfortable ride. Pulls back 2-1/4" and says High Quality: Made of CNC Machined T6 Billet Aluminum,Black anodized finished,anti-corrosion for harsh environment. Who cares if it doesn't say "Helibars".

·
Registered
5 Posts
Another China knockoff trying to put anther American Small business out of business. And our most loyal seller Amazon who doesn’t give a damn. So much for patient protection. Boycot these knockoffs.

·
Registered
199 Posts
What year bike do you have? Do you have a link to the seller or manufacturer of these bars?

I will say I do not recognize this company but that doesn't mean much. My concern however is the manufacturing design, engineering, construction and quality. When it comes to automotive parts, do they have the experience and do they have the insurance if there is a recall? Will they "disappear" if there is an issue? Using military terms, handlebars should be Grade A shock certified. I personally do want want them to fail under any circumstances. This is not some decorative piece of chrome.

·
Registered
5 Posts
What year bike do you have? Do you have a link to the seller or manufacturer of these bars?

I will say I do not recognize this company but that doesn't mean much. My concern however is the manufacturing design, engineering, construction and quality. When it comes to automotive parts, do they have the experience and do they have the insurance if there is a recall? Will they "disappear" if there is an issue? Using military terms, handlebars should be Grade A shock certified. I personally do want want them to fail under any circumstances. This is not some decorative piece of chrome.
Google Amazon and you see the supplier. And too being Retired Army “not in my bike”..Heli Bar is a reputable and will known Grade A Shock Certified Supplier. No knock off from China for this critical function. Like tires pay for what you feel your life is worth on your 30k bike. If it is a 40 buck knockoff you trust, it’s your money go for it. Support your US SMALL BUSINESSES.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
5 Posts
Here's the link to the knock offs. Amazon.com: WSays Aluminum Billet Silver 2" Handlebar Riser adapter Kit Compatible with 2018-2020 Goldwing GL1800: Automotive

And yeah, they are made in China. I hadn't even thought of that. I swear everything is made in China these days. I tell myself I will not buy anything ,made in China but it's Everywhere! I will go with the the Helibars.
Thank you for the kindness. Do call HeliBar. Ask for the owner he is a great craftsman. Tell him your findings and your willingness to Buy America. I’m sure his response will give you some consideration for you decision. Well done.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Here's the link to the knock offs. Amazon.com: WSays Aluminum Billet Silver 2" Handlebar Riser adapter Kit Compatible with 2018-2020 Goldwing GL1800: Automotive

And yeah, they are made in China. I hadn't even thought of that. I swear everything is made in China these days. I tell myself I will not buy anything ,made in China but it's Everywhere! I will go with the the Helibars.
Great choice, Harry Eddy is a great guy besides being a friend of mine, he is a wing rider and has been building products for our wings for at least 25 years.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts