Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend, I'm building an overhead for my motorcycles (4 posts and a roof). I'll be adding a 2012 Goldwing to my collection of vehicles as soon as I get some more business. I'd like to drive the Goldwing underneath without bending the antenna, and was thinking about 6' clearance from floor to ceiling (since I'm only 5'7" tall). Should I take the antenna height into consideration so that I can sit on the bike and ride it underneath without any issues? If so, what is the minimum height clearance from floor to ceiling?

·
Premium Member
24,648 Posts
My 7' garage door doesn't contact the antenna on my 1800, but I don't know by how much it clears. Pretty certain 6' is too low, I'm 5'11" and the antenna is above my head.

·
Premium Member
24,116 Posts
Make the opening height 7 ft. That way should you or someone in the future decide to enclose it you'll have a standard garage door height. I measured mine on the side stand and it's about 6'8" . Upright would add another inch or so. 7 ft. opening height wins.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thank you both very much -- I have modified the plans so that it will fit a door that is 7' high, which means the inner ceiling will need to be about 8'. I'm starting off simple, with just 8 posts -- 4 on each side, and a flat roof -- but the property is sloped down-hill (and so will the roof) -- and I'm making an opening in the fence (with a door) to gain access to that part of the property. In the future, I'll add a cement foundation and sides to the motorcycle port, and then eventually a door.

·
Premium Member
24,648 Posts
Good idea lawlist. Chopin knows doors, I just know what's in front of me:rolleyes:

·
Registered
73 Posts
unless the 12s are different from any before it, just reach around with your right hand, and lift up the base of the antenna, and lay it down right beside you. just like you would do if you were going to cover it up! no hassles! yall keep on winginit rick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts