Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently posted input from going from a HD Roadglide to the goldwing and appreciate the input. My other concern is the height issue I have added extra heel to my boot for the Roadglide and sit flatfooted on the HD. When I sit on the GW I can sit flat footed but I am pushed backwards and little to far from the controls. When I move forwards then I am on my tip of my toes. Are there any modifications or advise out there for riders who have similar condition??

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
There was a post a while back that mentioned a pair of high lift boots (well it's the soles of the boots actually I think) but I forget the brand. Someone may add to this. You can also go to the altered or custom seat idea, but that can involve some pretty serious $$ depending on how far you go.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Being 5'7" that was a problem for me.
I do not like lowering a bike but that's me.

A back rest may solve your problem. I can only flat foot the bike when I am forward on the seat. That's no big deal to me.
I replaced the seat with the kuryakyn seat made by Mustang. They said it would lower me 1 inch. It didn't but it was close to the stock seat but the seat moved me back 1 inch which was a problem. I got the Mustang backrest and replaced the adjustment bolt with a longer 1. Now I am a happy camper.
The seat is comfortable for my wife and I. If you have a heated seat the mustang seat blows away the Honda seat heat.

This is what I have done. There is a fellow GW rider that makes a lower block. It replaces the shock block and it can be got with different lowering positions. It is not adjustable. It is rather costly.

I think a back rest will solve your problem. It's easy to just move forward at stops. I also use thick sole boots.

just a thought

dd

1 - 4 of 4 Posts