Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for a Heel Toe Shifter for my 94 SE. So far I have come up empty. Does anyone know where I can purchase one, preferably one that works. lol

Zepplin

·
Super Moderator
9,852 Posts
You might also try eBay. Sometimes there are bargins out here. Good luck

·
Super Moderator
28,451 Posts
Zep, you've got mail.

·
Registered
9 Posts
... Howdy ... Some Aftermarket H/t Shifters Cause Transmission Failure And They Will Void The Honda Warranty's ... Happy Trails ...
i was toying with the heel toe shifter idea on my 84 aspencade, by looking at my stock setup it looks like it would have to be drug back a ways. how does it cause transmission failure? obviously i'm not worried about voiding a warranty, but if it can cause tranny failure i'm not on board.

·
Registered
690 Posts
i was toying with the heel toe shifter idea on my 84 aspencade, by looking at my stock setup it looks like it would have to be drug back a ways. how does it cause transmission failure? obviously i'm not worried about voiding a warranty, but if it can cause tranny failure i'm not on board.
... HOWDY ... SOME H/T SHIFTERS CAN PUT UNEVEN AND EXCESSIVE PRESSURE ON THE SHIFTING FORKS CAUSING THEM TO BEND AND GET MISALIGNED ... RESULTING GEARS NOT ENGAGING CORRECTLY ect. ... HAPPY TRAILS ...

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Heal Toe Shifters

... Howdy ... Some Aftermarket H/t Shifters Cause Transmission Failure And They Will Void The Honda Warranty's ... Happy Trails ...
Have heard some real horror stories abut these shifters, kinda like Guns, Guns don't kill people, people kill people... the shifter most often isn't the fault, the person doing the shifting gets impationt with the stifness of the shifter and starts stomping the shifter to get it to work properly. These shifters should be disassembled regulary and lubed with White Grease... they get dirt in the pivot point and will become stiff in their operation, hencs... stomping.. another thing to watch for on Goldwings is, with these shifters there are usually floor boards, when getting off a cycle that is still running, it is very easy to bump the shifter which will pop the transmission into gear and then the fun starts... Good luck in you'r riding and be safe....
Rockin' Rooster

1 - 10 of 10 Posts