Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Searched all over the Internet and the forums for a compatible heel toe shifter floorboard system for the new GoldWings and can't find anything... I called Rivco and they have no plans to make one so are we SOL for this "upgrade"? I really don't like up shifting with my toes...

·
Registered
7,586 Posts
Congratulations on your find and thanks for sharing with all of us.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Installed it. I like it better than the stock shifter, but the rear up shift pad is too small. Kuryakin should have made it twice as big. Having trouble finding it by feel when up shifting. Hopefully I will get used to it, but after a day riding I found the only way to feel it, is to keep the back of my heel against it while riding otherwise I mis-shift occasionally. It also took me about 3 uninstall/re-installs to get it where I wanted it.. It only takes about 10 minutes once you've done it a few times. The shift linkage can only be adjusted with the shifter off.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I found a different solution...................I went for the DCT! :LOL:
No up-shift issues for me.

Reactions: NREMTP

·
Registered
3 Posts
Installed it. I like it better than the stock shifter, but the rear up shift pad is too small. Kuryakin should have made it twice as big. Having trouble finding it by feel when up shifting. Hopefully I will get used to it, but after a day riding I found the only way to feel it, is to keep the back of my heel against it while riding otherwise I mis-shift occasionally. It also took me about 3 uninstall/re-installs to get it where I wanted it.. It only takes about 10 minutes once you've done it a few times. The shift linkage can only be adjusted with the shifter off.
do you have floorboards installed also?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes. These work great. Lmk if you want pics
Goldstrike Twin Rail Floorboards with Driver Adapter (pair) (black) for Gold Wing Amazon.com: Goldstrike Twin Rail Floorboards with Driver Adapter (pair) (chrome) for Gold Wing: Ciro: Automotive
Thank you so much! Yes, I would love to see pics. I am concerned, as I have a manual 6 spd, and wanted to be sure there was enough room for my foot. I just sold my HD CVO, and have had heel toe forever...hoping this works well

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I put these highway pegs too which are great. They match the boards and mount under the engine. Some of the other ones mount in the middle of the engine cover which look like crap to me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts