WENT OUT THE NEXT MORNING AND IT WAS IN NATURAL
HOW CAN I FIX THIS OR PREVENT IT
OR DO I JUST DO NOT PUT IT IN REVERSE AGAIN
ALL HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED
:mad::(:confused::eek::D

·
Super Moderator
7,671 Posts
I don't bother using reverse on the trike. Can you disengage the lever with the bike off? That would turn the mechanical reverse mechanism in the starter to the start position. There's switches, diodes and relays that run the system one may be sticking. If you go to the right side (as if you were going to check the oil) of the bike and pull the cover you will see a single wire with a rubber boot, that little switch can sometimes get stuck (on the side of the engine).

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Sounds like your reverse lever is still partialy engaged, make sure it is allthe way down, you might need to rock the bike just a bit.

·
Super Moderator
28,454 Posts
hardrider, been there done that. You have been given the knowledge now grab some tools & get it fixed. Matt describes exactly what happened to me the day I went to look at my 1500. I put it in reverse & when I took it out I didn't do it with a purpose I kind of just dropped the lever after 15 minutes with the previous owner's help we got it to come out. Now when I take it out of reverse I make sure that I snap the reverse lever down. Never had a problem since then. There was a thread about 1-2 months ago with someone who had an issue with reverse that actually ended up being one of the relays. You might want to do a search on the site for "reverse" to see what comes up. Good Luck & let us know what it is/was.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The switch sticking is the problem I've heard of most. Contact cleaner usually does the job. Just be careful and protect the area around from overspray.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Try adjusting the reverse cable also, and make sure the reverse lever is all the way down.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pulled it up 3 time and slamed it down
it worked on the 3rd one
used it 4 times and slamed it every time
its working now
thanks for the info guys

·
Super Moderator
28,454 Posts
I'm glad that worked for you hardrider, however I don't have to slam mine. I would look to the cable adjustment like Joe said.

·
Registered
18 Posts
There is a micro switch by the lever under the panels that is sticking, you may get good acces to spray it with cleaner, I like wd40, if you remove the carb cover. I haven't had an issue but did lube the switch when I had the bike apart to paint it. Glad you got it working

1 - 10 of 10 Posts