Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if there is a trick to removing a heated driver seat on my 2007 Goldwing? I tried to remove the seat but the wiring only allows me to lift it a few inches. I just don't want to screw up anything. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
qwsteve, I have a 2008 and had to remove the seat to put in a Utopia Backrest and encountered no problems. There may be a metal or plastic clip the keeps the wiring secure but there should be enough slack to allow you to unplug it.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Remove the passenger backrest first, then grab the rear of the seat and lift up as you pull back slightly to release the plastic part that goes under the tank in front.

·
Administrator
26,174 Posts
Another situation where it pays off having that shop manual. Joe's hit it on the head though, take off the backrest first.

·
Premium Member
23,751 Posts
You don't have to take off the grab bars?
The grab bars....YES. They are what are holding the seat in place. P.S. I didn't remove the passanger back rest. I opened the trunk and was able to squeeze the seat up . Probably would have been easier with the backrest off. But if I didn't read this I would not have thought that my way was so difficult that I was doing something wrong.

·
Registered
63 Posts
The grab bars....YES. They are what are holding the seat in place. P.S. I didn't remove the passanger back rest. I opened the trunk and was able to squeeze the seat up . Probably would have been easier with the backrest off. But if I didn't read this I would not have thought that my way was so difficult that I was doing something wrong.
Okay thank you very much

1 - 8 of 8 Posts