Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to purchase a stock 06-08 goldwing , I don't want to pay all the extra $ for abs, nav. etc. One thing I would like though, is the heated handgrips. I do a lot of riding in cold weather , living up north. I don't care if my rear end (ass) gets a little cold, but my hands are a different matter. Can heated handgrips be purchased separately, how much do they cost, and are they easy to install?

·
Super Moderator
28,446 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Heated hand grips

The heated hand grips come with the base model starting in 2006 or 2007. I have a 2010 wing with the Nav system which is option 2, option 1 which is the base model is called comfort/premiem audio which includes the heated grips and seat. So you do not pay extra for heated grips with option 1.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just put on some Electrical Connection Grips and they work great. Cost was $64.95, installation was very easy and you can use aftermarket grips without a problem. They have a Lo/Off/Hi rocker switch. From Honda Direct havind a 10% off Sale right now.

http://www.directlineparts.com/product.asp?pid=6546&str=4

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I have an 08 and no heated grips, I wanted a base model because it didn't have all that heated Honda stuff that never works right anyway. You are best to add after market heated grips to the bike. In 09 the base model came with the comfort package, heated grips, seat and toe warmers.

·
Registered
55 Posts
i had heated grips on one of my other bikes, and now i have gerbimg heated gloves. My choice is the gloves. They warm the entire hand.

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
I would like to purchase a stock 06-08 goldwing , I don't want to pay all the extra $ for abs, nav. etc. One thing I would like though, is the heated handgrips. I do a lot of riding in cold weather , living up north. I don't care if my rear end (ass) gets a little cold, but my hands are a different matter. Can heated handgrips be purchased separately, how much do they cost, and are they easy to install?
Hi deanw, I know this is an old post, but a couple of years ago I added heated grips on my GL1500. If it's not to late I put on heat pads that go under my Kuryakyn ISO grips. They are for snowmobiles or bikes. They work well but take a while to heat up under the grips.

·
Premium Member
23,771 Posts
Hi deanw, I know this is an old post, but a couple of years ago I added heated grips on my GL1500. If it's not to late I put on heat pads that go under my Kuryakyn ISO grips. They are for snowmobiles or bikes. They work well but take a while to heat up under the grips.
Stephen: I have the stock heated grips but I'm going to put the Kury ISO grips "clamshell design " over them. One of my first comments when I sat on a Goldwing was the skinny grips that seemed out of proportion to the size of everything else. I know I'll sacrifice heat for it, but life around the 38th parallel isn't as extreme.

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Stephen: I have the stock heated grips but I'm going to put the Kury ISO grips "clamshell design " over them. One of my first comments when I sat on a Goldwing was the skinny grips that seemed out of proportion to the size of everything else. I know I'll sacrifice heat for it, but life around the 38th parallel isn't as extreme.
There is a product called "grip puppy" which is a foam cover that goes over the stock grips and provides additional size to the grip and still lets the heat through on the heated grips. I company from CA sells them and they are only about $11 bucks with shipping. I put them on my 09 because I had the same issue as you with the skinny grips. They work great. You might want to give them a try first. JMO..

·
Premium Member
23,771 Posts
There is a product called "grip puppy" which is a foam cover that goes over the stock grips and provides additional size to the grip and still lets the heat through on the heated grips. I company from CA sells them and they are only about $11 bucks with shipping. I put them on my 09 because I had the same issue as you with the skinny grips. They work great. You might want to give them a try first. JMO..
Super! " Grip Puppy " ? What's in a name! I'll Google the product. All I want is a liitle more beef to hold onto. $11.00 +/- ? I could pay that in cash right now. ........ Sweet! The order is in. You just saved my wife about $70.00 in " gripes "

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Hi guys, the grip puppy is good and practical, but the one I used I still get the look. The only drawback I gave is it takes a bit of time for them to warm up. Once it gets there it is good. Even in the cold weather in fall and spring I wear thin deer hide gloves.

·
Premium Member
23,771 Posts
I have the ubiquitous Kury ISO grips on my VTX and I like them and I'm use to them. I just can't pass up $11.00 for something to tied me over. I have the Kury's in the wish list at " Wingstuff " . The list I have is so long I'm afraid to click anything fo fear I'll have to deny something else. " You can have it all, just not all at once " ~

1 - 12 of 12 Posts