Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question for those of you that have heated grips,

Do they help?

I have a set I was going to install, but if they're not any help I don't want to waste my time.

I hope this doesn't turn into an oil or tire thread. :eek:

·
Premium Member
24,122 Posts
I have a question for those of you that have heated grips,

Do they help?

I have a set I was going to install, but if they're not any help I don't want to waste my time.

I hope this doesn't turn into an oil or tire thread. :eek:
Second only to my heated seat, they are tops. If I had to have one or the other, however, I would take the heated seat.

·
Super Moderator
12,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wish I could afford a heated seat.

Maybe I can ask Santa. :D

·
Premium Member
24,638 Posts
Only thing i dislike about them is the levers aren't heated as well. Nice and toasty on the fingers on those cold mornings or days, and then you gotta grab that ice cold brake or clutch lever:(

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
I find them to be extremely useful. The only problem I see with them and its not a real problem is that the palms and underside of your fingers get toasty warm, even to hot if you turn them high enough. However the top of your hand and fingers remain much cooler. I put mirror wings on and that has helped a lot but the tops of my hands still get chilly. My right grip seems to get a little hotter than the left, but that is no problem. They are a fine addition to the heated seats which are really nice when riding in very cold temps. I can't see why anyone would not want them. :D Isaac

·
Super Moderator
15,162 Posts
i thought about heated grips but i'm gald i went and got heated gloves

·
Super Moderator
10,000 Posts
I didn't think they would, but after having them on my 09 I think they are great. I can wear my lighter gloves and still have warm hands..

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
My 2012 is the only Gold Wing out of 8 that has had heated grips and heated seat. I've had the Wing for 2 months now and have only turn the heated grip and seat on to make sure they worked. I don't plan on using these options.

My idea of a winter sport is a bear rug and a fireplace.

·
Premium Member
7,508 Posts
Has anyone ever used heated gloves that power up from battery packs rather than 12v? I get a Herrington catalog in the mail and they have a pair for $185 that runs on rechargeable lithium ion batteries and claim to run 4-6 hrs. and one can carry extra batteries. Down here in East Texas we'll have chilly winter mornings and by the afternoon it's warmed up so no need to wear heated gloves all day long.

Kikker, our weather here is similar to yours in SE OK. BTW, what city do you live in? I frequently paddle on Broken Bow Lake doing wilderness camping/paddling with my canoe. I was there just 2 weeks ago.

·
Super Moderator
15,162 Posts
the few guys i know that tryed battery powered gloved sent them back cause they only got 2 -3 hours of heat from them

·
Premium Member
7,988 Posts
Heated grips, heated seats, heated gloves, heated clothes...? You young whippersnappers are SOFT!:p

Let me tell you how it was when I was comin' up....this is my story and I'm stickin' with it........:eek:;)

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
Has anyone ever used heated gloves that power up from battery packs rather than 12v? I get a Herrington catalog in the mail and they have a pair for $185 that runs on rechargeable lithium ion batteries and claim to run 4-6 hrs. and one can carry extra batteries. Down here in East Texas we'll have chilly winter mornings and by the afternoon it's warmed up so no need to wear heated gloves all day long.
ago.
Here is a set that you might want to check out. Go to www.sportsmansguide.com and look up item L2P-191051, Grabber Heated Gloves. $ 21.99 and run on 4 AA batteries. Low and Hi Power and supposed to last 6 to 8 hours. I got a set for my son and they seem to work fine and for that price its a whole lot cheaper to try something like that out.:D Isaac By the way....Enter Code SH956 at check out for free shipping....

·
Premium Member
7,988 Posts

·
Administrator
15,302 Posts
I sure like my heated grips. Last March mine went out and it took a while for me to get it to the dealer for warrenty work. I sure missed them until they got fixed. I like the heated seat too, but do not think it gets hot enough.

I finish all my beer too.

·
Super Moderator
12,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Here is a set that you might want to check out. Go to www.sportsmansguide.com and look up item L2P-191051, Grabber Heated Gloves. $ 21.99 and run on 4 AA batteries. Low and Hi Power and supposed to last 6 to 8 hours. I got a set for my son and they seem to work fine and for that price its a whole lot cheaper to try something like that out.:D Isaac By the way....Enter Code SH956 at check out for free shipping....
Thanks Dreamweaver, I have a set coming, but from eBay. I was able to get a set of new ones for $17.49 with free shipping. If they eat the batteries too quickly, I'll build up a circuit to reduce the bike voltage and plug them in.

·
Premium Member
1,880 Posts
Chopin114 " As far as warming the body as a whole, the heated seat warms a larger area."

Some more than others...:D:D I love my heated seat. Just rode today and it was 35,I had to turn the seat down. Grips are covered with Kuryakan covers which dramatically reduced the heat. That with bulky gloves and I really didnt feel the heat.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.