Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for heated gear for the wife and I. May be our Christmas gifts to each other this year. I am leaning toward the Gerbings, and found an outlet that is selling the older stuff with the PDU in it. I was wondering if anyone out there has that model jacket liner, and how it works for them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I personally just bought the newer microwire stuff which is awesome, I do however know several people that have the older stuff and love it as well. I don't think you can go wrong but this is one of those opinion vary things.

I think that any heated gear is better than none but since I was going in to this new I went with what I've keep hearing over and over is the best.

Is this the sight you were talking about?

http://www.heatedclothingoutlet.com/index.shtml

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Kind of out of touch with the heated stuff anymore, but I bought my wife a Widder electric vest a long time ago and she loved it. It had a very simple plug-in and was easy to operate while riding. One of the best gear purchases I ever made for her.:D

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
i have synergy ( by tourmaster ) jacket and pants liners, comes with the controler

·
Registered
55 Posts
My wife and i have the Gerbing liners & gloves. Never used anything else to compare them to, but what i have work GREAT! i will wear my liner and a leather vest over a tshirt in temps in the 30s. rick

·
Registered
30 Posts
Good info; we might need heated gear down here in GA for a couple of months a year (sorry). Not meaning to hijack the thread, but is it true that without an upgraded alternator that heated clothing can lead to some serious battery drain? -s

·
Super Moderator
28,454 Posts
I just ordered FirstGear stuff for the Wife. Got to get her comfy, make her happy & all will be well, you guys know what that's about.

Not meaning to hijack the thread, but is it true that without an upgraded alternator that heated clothing can lead to some serious battery drain? -s
Speakeasy when I did the calculations of wife's new gear it will be a touch over 13 amp or 157 watts. You can do the math on your other accessories & check total draw. I did change to a Compufire alternator in preperation of a big trip next year but I'm really not sure it would have been an issue anyway. Maybe some of the others will add their .02.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts