Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Silly question but on my previous bikes I always had a tank bag and because of the storage and plastic on my 2018 GW I don't use one. I use to clip my heated gear regulator onto my tank bag as the wire from the battery comes up between the front of the seat and "tank."

My question is for guys that use heated gear, where do you place or mount the control unit for the gear. Looking for ideas.

Thanks in advance.
DS

·
Administrator
16,072 Posts
Mine has a Velcro strap that I wrap around my leg.

Reactions: Limpy45 and dshane

·
Registered
421 Posts
I have changed a little bit over the years. I have a couple different pouches with belt loops or clips and used to attach to the front of my jacket or pant belt. Then I bought an air bag vest with two front straps. Pretty easy to clip there.

Then I took advantage of a Black Friday sale from Warm and Safe and purchased the wireless controller. Used dual lock tape and stuck that on top of clutch master cylinder at first and then moved it directly dead center on top of the dash.

Reactions: dshane

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
My jacket and glove controller is in the designated pocket behind the left hand warmer pocket where the connectors are in the jacket. I have a wireless fob that goes in a breast pocket thats also made for the fob. My power cord comes out from under the seat. Its all Gerbing so its all made to go together.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I kept my Harley heated gear when I traded it in for the ‘21 GW. Haven’t used it yet but it connects to the battery tender plug. It should have a 15A fuse in line but it doesn’t because the tender plug is connected directly to the battery terminals on the side of the battery.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello,
Silly question but on my previous bikes I always had a tank bag and because of the storage and plastic on my 2018 GW I don't use one. I use to clip my heated gear regulator onto my tank bag as the wire from the battery comes up between the front of the seat and "tank."

My question is for guys that use heated gear, where do you place or mount the control unit for the gear. Looking for ideas.

Thanks in advance.
DS
I control mine via BT using my phone

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,

Thanks in advance.
DS
Glad to see you've found a workable solution. If you're still interested in putting a tank bag on the Goldwing look up a Youtube video from Traxxion Dynamics. They have adhesive patches that have metal tops for mounting magnetic tank bags and accessories to the top of the Wing.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello,

Thanks in advance.
DS
I am connected via BT to my phone. No wires or controllers to mess with

1 - 13 of 13 Posts