Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI All,
Did a search and didn't find anything specifically addressing this. I want to get heated gear and was hoping someone could suggest how they mounted their accessory plugs, wired gear to battery etc, any products specifically for this would be very helpful too!
Thanks
Chris

·
Super Moderator
15,241 Posts
i have synergy electric pants and jacket liners and they both have to be wired direct to the battery. they both came with a plug to connect to the battery with a inline fuse

·
Super Moderator
28,449 Posts
bullseye,

Wife & I have a mix of Firstgear/Gerbing. I took a slightly different approach than the Doc. I purchased an auxilary panel from Electrical connection - http://www.electricalconnection.com/. It has a relay & terminal strip with fuses. I wired the wife's leads to that then ran them into the left side box under the armrest. Put a notch in the compartment, when she wants to plug in she pulls the chord out & closes the door, it stashes away when not in use. For my connection I purchased BMW style connector wired to aux panel & mounted to tank tupperware, that way there is a little door cover when not in use. Let me know if these ideas interest you & I'll take pics & send them to you. Hope this helps.

·
Super Moderator
15,241 Posts
my gf's wing is naked so she doesn't do much cold weather riding and i never ride her on my wing. she will ride my 1200 aspy but not often so i haven't put a plug on it for electric gear

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I have a heated vest only, (doesn't get that cold in Calif :)) I put a relay from the battery and connected the accessory plug for the vest to that, then mounted the plug in the panel that has the headlight adjuster on the GL 1800, I used the spot where the running light switch would go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts