Honda Goldwing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,436 Posts
Had one when I had Boards on the 1500. Actually liked it. When I changed to Iso-wings I bagged it, don't mind regular shifter but then again don't have your issue.

Summing it up: Liked Heel/toe shifter. It should help you with your issue. I'm sure some guys will chime in about warranties on your transmission & all that. Just One Ole Fossil's opinion.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
The more forward seating position of the 1800 did not lend itself to comfortable use of a heal/toe shifter AND floorboards. My knees are bent to much. 6'2'', 32" inseam.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mu inseam is a whopping 27" so I think I'll be fine I can't even reach the highway boards Hey fossil wanta sell the shifter? or trade for highway boards

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
Floor boards and heel toe shifter on my 1500 and love it. The pegs made me knees hurt.
Not sure about the 1800.
From the Northwest Corner
Ron

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I had one on my 08 and loved it, kept the toes of my boots from getting all messed up also :)

Attachments

·
Registered
691 Posts
6'2" 32" inseam and love mine. Actually it is a heel heel shifter for me. The boards give me more room to move around. My hwy boards are set so I can bridge from the foot bd to the hwy bd and an extention on the brake pdl allows me to get to it easier.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
I love mine too as I am also short in the stride. Think you'll like it.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Mine was a bit sticky for a while, but it's great after some fine tuning. Only reason I haven't put boards on my '09 is I don't like the idea of the side stand being awkwards to reach. Never had any isues with the 1200 when I had the Markland set on it, and didn't have h/t or boards on the 1500.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.